Procurement Card (PCard) Program
Beginning January 1, 2022, Texas Government Code § 2054.0593 mandates that state agencies and Institutions of Higher Education must only enter or renew contracts to receive cloud computing services that comply with TX-RAMP requirements.
In the 87th Legislative Session, the Texas Legislature passed Senate Bill 475, requiring the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) to establish a state risk and authorization management program that provides “a standardized approach for security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring of cloud computing services that process the data of a state agency.”
To comply, DIR established a framework for collecting information about cloud services security and assessing compliance with required controls and documentation.
This may initially lead to a delay in the risk assessment process for cloud services while TWU works to get required certifications established.
Important Notes for the PCard Program
- All purchases over $500 must have verification of vendor hold status attached with the receipt.
- The PCard is not for personal use.
- TWU, as an agency of the State of Texas, is tax exempt within the State of Texas.
- Online account reconciliation must be completed and approved by the 13th of each month.
- Lost or stolen PCard? Contact Citibank Customer Service immediately at 800-248-4553.
Vendor Hold Search (required on ALL purchases over $500)
Page last updated 10:14 AM, January 5, 2022