Living on Campus
COVID-19 Housing FAQ
Has a decision been made regarding housing and dining contracts?
- If you have moved out, you will receive a prorated credit to your student account for housing charges and remaining meal swipes based on the date of March 23, 2020. This is the official move-out date determined by the University. This credit will be applied to any remaining Spring balances on your student account. If you do not have a Spring account balance or if there is excess credit, the credit will apply to future student balances, including tuition, fees, housing, etc. Any remaining Dining Dollars will roll over to all consecutive semesters, and will expire on December 15, 2020.
What if I am not returning to TWU?
- If you are graduating and have moved out by March 27, 2020, you will receive a prorated refund. The prorated amount will include your housing and meal plan less any charges or fees you currently owe the University. This amount will be processed after graduation requests and paperwork have been accepted and approved over the next two weeks.
- All other students not planning to return to TWU (transferring or withdrawing) should submit a formal request for a refund by April 15 by emailing Housing. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
What is the difference between a credit and a refund?
- A credit is excess payment applied to your student account for current and future balances owed to TWU. A refund is a repayment of funds already paid. NOTE: Graduating students are eligible for refunds. All other students requesting refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
What happens to my dining plan now that I am not on campus?
- If you have moved out or will move out by March 27, 2020. you will receive a credit to your student account from the office of Housing & Dining for remaining meal swipes. Remaining Dining Dollars will roll over to all consecutive semesters, and will expire on December 15, 2020.
What if I have a commuter meal plan?
- Remaining Dining Dollars will forward to the summer and then fall semesters and will expire on December 15, 2020.
Do I have to move out?
- At this time it is recommended that students choose the best option for their health and well-being. We are not currently closing housing or dining facilities, therefore, you do not have to move out.
How do I move out?
- We are processing move outs with the express check out process. You will need to move all of your belongings out of your room, make sure you clean your space, and do not leave anything behind. At that time, you will go to the front desk between 8:00am-8:00pm to complete the express check out form and return your key.
When can I move out?
- You can move out at any time as long as the front desk is open. Beyond March 27, your prorated credit amount will be based on your check out date.
I have moved all of my stuff out, but didn’t formally check out at the front desk?
- Please contact your hall’s front desk and speak with your Resident Director for additional information.
What if I cannot travel to campus and move out due to travel restrictions?
- Housing & Dining is still open and operational, you are not required to move out of your space. For those wishing to move by March 27, but cannot due to travel restrictions or self-isolation, please do so when you are able using the express check-out process.
Condensing, displacement, and the want to move rooms?
- At this time TWU is not processing student room change requests, condensing spaces, or removing students and displacing them from their housing space. Please note this can change based on directives from University and governmental officials. If interested in moving from Parliament Village to Guinn, please contact the Parliament Village front desk
What if things change?
- This is an ever evolving situation and our FAQ page will be updated as new notices and updates are provided to us by city and university officials. Please be checking your email for official TWU communication to get the most up to date and correct information. Your patience is appreciated.
How may I contact the Housing & Dining Office?
- You can reach us by phone at 940-898-3676 or by emailing Housing
Welcome to Housing & Dining! Much of your college education will occur outside of the classroom. To make the most of your Pioneer experience, consider living on campus with University Housing & Dining!
By living on campus, you will stay in touch with the heartbeat of TWU. You will also be centrally located near classes, libraries, dining halls, campus events and other “can’t miss” foundations of the TWU experience.
Make yourself at home on our website. If you still have questions please contact our office for assistance. We look forward to serving you.
Attending TWU beginning Fall of 2020?
Page last updated 10:10 AM, March 26, 2020