Purchasing FAQs

I forgot to write down my requisition Number. How do I find it?

Log into Phoenix and click on “TWU iProcurement”. This will open on the “Shop” tab. Your five (5) most recent requisitions will be listed here. If you need to find an older requisition you can click on the “Full List” button.

When entering a requisition, I get a message that says to “pick an existing combination.” What does that mean?

When an account is set up, only a few of your most commonly used object codes are set up with the account. If you are trying to use an object code that has not been set up, it will give you this message. Use the Controller’s “Combination Request Form” to request the object code be added to the account. Someone will email you as soon as the object code is linked. The process can take approximately 3 hours.

Where do I find object code information?

Download TWU's most Commonly Used Object Codes [xls]. For a complete listing of all object codes access the Texas Comptroller Manual of Accounts.

Phoenix is telling me I have insufficient funds in my account, but there should be money there to cover the requisition. Why won’t it go through?

It could be that the items you are ordering are considered “controlled” items, which means funds are used from your capital account instead of your maintenance and operation (M&O) account. If this is the case, it may require transferring money from your M&O account into your capital account. Controlled items cost over $500 and under $5,000 in price. Controlled items can include computer equipment, fax machines, cameras, TV’s, etc. If this is not the case, please contact Finance and Administration.

Where do I find the forms needed to go with my requisition?

Visit the list of available forms for download. Instructions for forms are attached to the form file.

I have a requisition I need converted in a hurry. What is the procedure?

Occasionally, there may be an unavoidable circumstance where a requisition would need to be converted quickly - such as for an emergency repair. In that case, contact someone in Purchasing and let them know the requisition number and the circumstance.

The dates in the description of my purchase order have changed. Does that require a POCN (purchase order change notice)?

The PO must match the invoice. Any information you have given in your description must match the incoming invoice (names of persons attending, dates, increase in number of persons attending, increase in amount needed, shipping, etc.). Any changes in these would require a POCN to be generated.

I have someone going to a conference next month and I need to put on a requisition. What information do I need to include?

Always remember the 5 W’s. Who, What, When, Where, and Why. Who is going; What are they going to; When is it; Where is it; and Why are they going.

Example: Dr. Hubert Sullivan will be presenting at the 2019 Healthcare Summit in Las Vegas, Nevada, October 24 and 25th, 2019.

I am putting on a requisition but cannot find the supplier in the Supplier file. What do I do?

You must obtain a W9 from that supplier and have the supplier complete a “New Supplier Form”. You should also ask the supplier to complete an EFT Agreement so they can be paid electronically. Attach all forms to your requisition and check the "New Supplier" box. Purchasing will then have the supplier set up for you.

What is WorkQuest and why should I use them first?

WorkQuest helps provide employment through the Purchasing from People with Disabilities Works Wonders Program for individuals with visual impairments and other disabilities. Texas Legislature requires us to support the state’s efforts to gainfully employ persons with disabilities. We must give first consideration always to goods and services provided by WorkQuest. Products and services offered are listed on the WorkQuest Online Catalog.

What is a HUB vendor and where do I find them?

Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program. The University is committed to a good faith effort to increase purchases from and contract awards to HUB firms consistent with the State’s goals for HUB participation and overall economic development. HUB groups are Native American, Asian Pacific American, Black American, Hispanic American, Service Disabled Veteran, American Woman (all women excluding the other above named women groups.) Contact our office if you need help finding HUB vendors.  

Who do we contact for help with our copier?

For inquiries about, or to report issues with, a copier or to request a new one, email procure@twu.edu for assistance.

For ImageNet Copiers:

  • There is a sticker on the front of the machine with a phone number (800-937-2647) and website (www.imagenetconsulting.com). When you call the number, you will need to tell them what supplies you need and the alpha numeric ID number from the copier (this will let them know the pertinent information about the copier and where to mail supplies).
  • Meter reads: Call 800-937-2647, select option 9 and then option 3.
  • For toner recycle contact meters@imagenetconsulting.com and fill out the online information form to have toner cartridges picked up.

For Canon or Xerox copiers, contact procure@twu.edu for assistance.



Page last updated 3:41 PM, July 2, 2020