- The PCard has a single transaction limit. This is the amount allowed for a single transaction. A transaction includes the purchase price plus freight, installation, and/or any other expenses associated with that transaction. Cardholders should not attempt to make a purchase greater than their allowed maximum single transaction limit.
- Any requests for changes to credit limits may be sent to the Credit Card Services Administrator via email to email@example.com.
- Allow 2 to 4 working days to process any changes within Citibank.
- Exceptions to the maximum single transaction limit are uncommon but can be made with pre-authorized approval of the Credit Card Services Administrator.
- Cardholders should NOT attempt to make a purchase greater than the transaction limits, and transactions may not be split to divide a larger purchase which would go over the cardholder’s single purchase limit. For example, a cardholder may not make two separate transactions with the same vendor where those transactions would total more than the single purchase limit. Split transactions will result in suspension or full cancellation of card privileges.
Use of the Card
- The PCard may be used at any vendor that accepts MasterCard and does not have a restricted MCC code. The PCard may be used for in-store purchases, telephone, or internet orders.
- Any items purchased with the PCard MUST be shipped to a TWU address.
- Cardholders may NOT purchase restricted items.
- The use of the PCard to pay for a purchase does not exempt the University or its officers and employees from the purchasing requirements of state law and the State Procurement Division (SPD).
- The PCard must be returned to the University’s Credit Card Services Administrator or a designee immediately upon termination. If the Cardholder transfers departments, they are REQUIRED to contact the Administrator to obtain a new Authorization Form that updates important information.
- Cards not used for a period of six (6) months may be closed per the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Program Administrator Guide – Best Practices and Operations for the State of Texas Charge Card Program. Cardholders must wait six (6) months to reapply
The State of Texas restricts certain purchases on PCards. Cardholders that purchase restricted items may be subject to disciplinary action. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to be aware of the policies governing restricted purchases. If you have a question about what is considered a restricted purchase, please contact the Credit Card Services Administrator BEFORE you make the purchase. See the Restricted Purchases for more information.
Vendor in Good Standing
Per the Texas Government Code (section 403.055), state agencies are not allowed to do business with nor make payments to entities that are on vendor hold with the State of Texas until the reason for the hold is resolved and the hold is lifted. As a Cardholder, you are required to research the vendor’s hold status before making any purchase over $500 by visiting the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Vendor Hold Search site.
● State Funds: State funds can only purchase food used directly for research purposes and must be documented on the payment request.
● Local Funds: All consumable food purchases must be documented with itemized receipts accompanied by a Food Purchase Justification Form.
● Business Meal: A business meal can be defined as food purchased while attending a meeting with colleagues or other business associates.
Tips are allowed but should not exceed 20%.The IRS requires "who, what, when, where and why" documentation for business meals.
○ Business meals are only allowable if the meal is for the advancement of the educational function of TWU and falls within one of the categories below:
- The recognition of academic, athletic, scholarship or service to TWU;
- The promotion or communication of the intellectual ideas and/or exchange of administrative and operational information;
- The support of university-sponsored student events and activities;
- The recruitment of faculty, staff and students;
- The promotion or exchange of ideas with community leaders regarding TWU;
- The assistance of Regents, accrediting agencies or officials from other Universities;
- The educational training for faculty and/or staff.
○ Payment for business meals is not allowed using appropriated money (10 account).
● Every food purchase requires a Food Purchase Justification Form.
Texas Woman's University encourages the use of our preferred vendor Summus Industries. To sign up for access and to use your PCard for all your office supply needs, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For billing questions, please contact email@example.com.
Security of the Procurement Card
The cardholder/reconciler is responsible for the security of the card. Guard the creditcard and its associated number carefully. It should not be posted in a work area or left in a conspicuous place. It should be kept in an accessible and secure location.
The only person authorized to use the individual PCard is the one whose name appears on the card.
The card is to be used for business purposes only, and TWU has disciplinary procedures related to unauthorized use of the PCard.
The reconcilers are responsible for managing the use of the department card byauthorized delegates.
Sales and Use Tax
TWU, as an agency of the State of Texas, is tax exempt within the State of Texas. Thecardholder should carry and present a TWU tax exemption card with their PCard.
The tax exemption card is provided to each cardholder at their initial training. In the event that sales tax is charged, notify the vendor immediately to credit the PCard for thesales tax portion. Attach the credit slip to the documentation to reflect that no sales tax was paid.
If unable to get the tax credit back from the vendor, cardholders are responsible for reimbursing TWU.
Page last updated 4:47 PM, June 29, 2020