- The PCard has a single transaction limit. This is the amount allowed for a single transaction. A transaction includes the purchase price plus freight, installation, and/or any other expenses associated with that transaction. Cardholders should not attempt to make a purchase greater than their allowed maximum single transaction limit.
- Submit a request through Concur for changes to purchase limits.
- Allow 2 to 4 working days to process if request is approved.
- Exceptions to the maximum single transaction limit are uncommon but can be made with pre-authorized approval of the Credit Card Services Administrator.
- Cardholders should NOT attempt to make a purchase greater than the transaction limits, and transactions may not be split to divide a larger purchase which would go over the cardholder’s single purchase limit. For example, a cardholder may not make two separate transactions with the same vendor where those transactions would total more than the single purchase limit. Split transactions will result in suspension or full cancellation of card privileges.
Using the PCard
- The PCard may be used at any vendor that accepts MasterCard and is not restricted by the State of Texas. The PCard may be used for in-store purchases, telephone, or internet orders.
- Any items purchased with the PCard must be shipped to a TWU address.*
- Cardholders may not purchase restricted items.
- The use of the PCard to pay for a purchase does not exempt the University or its officers and employees from the purchasing requirements of state law and the State Procurement Division (SPD).
- The PCard must be returned to the Credit Card Services Administrator immediately upon termination. If the cardholder transfers departments, they are required to contact the Administrator to obtain a new Agreement Form that updates important information.
*Some exceptions may apply with pre-approval from the Credit Card Services Administrator.
Vendor in Good Standing
Per the Texas Government Code (section 403.055), state agencies are not allowed to do business with nor make payments to entities that are on vendor hold with the State of Texas until the reason for the hold is resolved and the hold is lifted. As a Cardholder, you are required to research the vendor’s hold status before making any purchase over $500 by visiting the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Vendor Hold Search site.
Sales and Use Tax
TWU, as an agency of the State of Texas, is exempt from paying sales tax within the State of Texas. The cardholder should carry and present a TWU tax exemption card with their PCard.
The tax exemption card is provided to each cardholder. In the event that sales tax is charged, notify the vendor immediately to credit the PCard for the sales tax portion. Attach the credit receipt to the documentation to reflect that no sales tax was paid.
If unable to get the tax credit back from the vendor, cardholders are responsible for reimbursing TWU by following the steps below:
- Complete the Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form (found on Bursar’s web page) with the required information.
- When preparing the “Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form," please be sure to apply the reimbursement to account number 11.000.00.0000.2012.00000000 when reconciling the original PCard charge.
- Submit the Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form to the Bursar's Office.
- Submit all paperwork associated with this transaction (copy of Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form & original receipt from the vendor) to email@example.com.
Security of the Procurement Card
The cardholder/reconciler is responsible for the security of the card. Guard the credit card and its associated number carefully. It should not be posted in a work area or left in a conspicuous place. It should be kept in an accessible and secure location.
The only person authorized to use the individual PCard is the one whose name appears on the card.
The card is to be used for business purposes only, and TWU has disciplinary procedures related to unauthorized use of the PCard.
The reconcilers are responsible for managing the use of the department card by authorized users.
Page last updated 6:42 PM, September 3, 2021