Research and Sponsored Programs
Internal Funding Competitions
The following internal funding programs are currently accepting applications:
- Proposal Development Grant Program (applications for summer 2019 due Tuesday, February 12, 2019)
- Hanover Grant Academy (nominations for Cohort II due Friday, March 1, 2019)
- Chancellor's Research Fellows (CRF) Program (applications due Thursday, March 21, 2019)
- Research Enhancement Program (REP) (applications due Thursday, April 18, 2019)
- Creative Arts and Humanities Grant Program (applications due Thursday, April 18, 2019)
- Program Officer Visit Travel Grant (rolling deadline)
- Small Grants Program (rolling deadline)
- Travel Assistance Fund (applications are accepted on a rolling deadline for Summer travel - all funds for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 travel have been allocated)
Transition to Cayuse and New Common Rule Requirements
The TWU Denton, Dallas, and Houston IRBs are in the process of implementing two major changes. The first change is the implementation of the new federal Final Rule, referred to as the new Common Rule. The primary changes resulting from this new guidance are changes in categories of review especially for exempt and expedited studies, modifications to consent requirements, and changes in continuing review requirements for expedited studies. These changes must be in place by January 21, 2019. The second change is a transition of all IRB submissions to an on-line platform, Cayuse. Cayuse provides a web-based online system for protocol submission, review, and approval.
Because of the required changes in both the new Common Rule requirements and online platform processes, new applications will not be accepted between January 21 and January 31 to allow for transition. The Cayuse system will go live on February 1 and new applications will then be accepted using the Cayuse system. The deadlines for the receipt of applications for full review studies have been updated accordingly on the website for all three campuses, Denton, Dallas, and Houston.
Guidance regarding the new consent requirements is now available, and information about information forums and training will be posted as the specific dates and locations are available.
Page last updated 11:16 AM, January 22, 2019