***Updates in Contracts ***
Effective Immediately - February 7, 2024
For any contract submitted requiring legal review - Contracts will now be sending the TWU Addendum (previously sent out by department) to vendor for review/redlines by contracts. Notification status for this will be sent to through TDX to department stating "hold for vendor Addendum review." Contracts will not be submitted to legal for review until Addendum has been reviewed and approved by vendor. Please remember this takes time for vendor to review so plan accordingly.
*Beginning December 1, 2023 contracts has a new Contract Routing Sheet Ticket System that you will utilize to submit your new contracts to procurement for review and signature. We will no longer accept contract packages via email; you MUST use the ticket system to submit any contract. The training for the new ticket system can be found Contract Routing Ticketing System Training. Please keep in mind contracts requiring legal review are taking up to 3-6 months to process depending on terms and conditions of the agreement.
How to enter a contract [pwpt]
**Don't forget to ask the vendor if they will accept a PO in lieu of signing a contract. By using our pre-approved contract templates for signatures that are required it will save time processing. Legal review is taking up to 6 months or more so plan ahead.
Important Note for Contracts
Beginning January 1, 2022, Texas Government Code § 2054.0593 mandates that state agencies and Institutions of Higher Education must only enter or renew contracts to receive cloud computing services that comply with TX-RAMP requirements.
In the 87th Legislative Session, the Texas Legislature passed Senate Bill 475, requiring the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) to establish a state risk and authorization management program that provides “a standardized approach for security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring of cloud computing services that process the data of a state agency.”
To comply, DIR established a framework for collecting information about cloud services security and assessing compliance with required controls and documentation.
This may initially lead to a delay in the risk assessment process for cloud services while TWU works to get required certifications established.
Contracts Review and Signature Authority
- FY24 Contracts Review and Signature Authority Matrix [Google Docs]
Risk Assessment Procedures
Contract Management Handbook
- Contract Administration and Management Handbook [Google Docs]
- Contract Management Exhibit 1 - IFB Template
- Contract Management Exhibit 2 - RFP Template
- Contract Management Exhibit 3 - RFQ Template
- Contract Management Exhibit 4 - RFO Template
- Contract Management Exhibit 5 - Exempt Purchases [Google Docs]
- Contract Management Exhibit 6 - Non-Disclosure and Conflict of Interest Certification [Google Docs]
- Contract Management Exhibit 7 - Disclosure Statement for Purchasing Personnel [Google Docs]
- Contract Management Exhibit 8 - FY24 Contracts Review and Signature Authority Matrix [Google Docs]
Page last updated 8:25 AM, February 28, 2024