Obtaining a PCard
Obtaining a PCard is a privilege granted to faculty and staff with a full time status that must be used in a responsible and appropriate manner. Therefore, in order to obtain a PCard, an applicant must attend a Training Session in its use before receiving the PCard. Procurement Services staff will gladly assist potential cardholders in determining how a PCard can help streamline their purchasing needs.
Below are the steps necessary in order to obtain a PCard:
- The prospective cardholder will email application requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. For security purposes, the application is not available online. (You must send this request from a TWU email address.)
- You will receive the Citibank Application and the Cardholder Authorization form from the PCard Coordinator. These forms will provide Procurement Services with necessary information about:
- The Cardholder
- The default account for payments (with the exception of friends accounts, a fund 19 may NOT be used as the default account)
- The Account Approver/Manager’s authorization of your Application and subsequent designation of your delegated purchasing authority within the procedures of Texas Woman’s University.
- The Cardholder will submit the completed Citibank Application and signed Cardholder Authorization form to the PCard Coordinator.
- When the card arrives in Procurement Services, the Coordinator will contact the Cardholder. In order for the PCard to be issued, applicants need to bring a valid photo I.D. to the session for identification and sign the Cardholder Agreement Form.
- The card MUST be activated by dialing the number located on the card from a TWU phone number.
Training will be provided in the form of a PowerPoint presentation.
Page last updated 1:51 PM, May 6, 2019