Important Points of the PCard Program
The following important points should be reviewed before using the PCard:
- A PCard is issued in either your name or the department’s name. All purchases made on the Individual PCard must be made by you, the cardholder, or by anauthorized delegate with the Department PCard. You are responsible for the security of the PCard and the transactions made with it. If you do not follow the guidelines when using the PCard, you may receive disciplinary action.
- The PCard may be used with most vendors that accept MasterCard and are not on hold with the state of Texas. It may be used for in-store purchases, telephone orders, or internet purchases. Some in-store purchases may require inputting your chosen PIN.
- The PCard may be used to purchase supplies within delegated limits.
- Approval authorization will be declined at point of sale if the purchase exceeds the PCard’s assigned limit. Neither the individual transaction limit nor the monthly credit limit may be exceeded.
- Monthly reconciliation of charges is required to ensure all charges are accounted for and accurate. Online account reconciliation must be completed, submitted, and approved by the 10th of each month. If the deadline falls on a weekend or a holiday, the due date will be the preceding business day.
- The PCard is not intended to avoid or bypass appropriate procurement or payment regulations and procedures. This program complements the existing processes available, it does not replace them.
- The PCard is NOT for personal use.
- All orders must be shipped to a TWU address.*
- PCards must be cancelled immediately upon separation from or termination of employment. The PCard must be returned to the Office of Procurement and Contract Services. The employee and the department head are both responsible for immediately notifying the Office of Procurement and Contract Services of the employee’s separation/termination.
- If the employee is transferred to another department, the employee is required to complete and submit a PCard Approver Change form with the new department information. The Credit Card Services Administrator will make the appropriate changes with the bank, resulting in no interruption in usage of the card.
- In the event the employee no longer has a need for the PCard due to a job status change, even in the same job position, the PCard and the relinquish form must be returned to the Credit Card Services Administrator. The employee and the department head are both responsible for notifying the Credit Card Services Administrator of the employee’s changes in job status.
- Personnel (account managers and cardholders) must attend training workshops for purchasing policy, appropriate card use, and online reconciliation procedures. Training records will be maintained in the Office of Procurement and Contract Services.
- All cardholders will attend refresher training when a new card is issued due to fraudulent activities, card expiration, card suspension, or once a year, whichever comes first.
*Some exceptions may apply.
Page last updated 8:54 AM, July 13, 2020