Biology Scholarships Through Pioneer Scholarship System
Biology students can apply for all of the following scholarships through the Pioneer Scholarship System:
- Dr. Robert Fuerst Endowed Scholarship.
- Sterling L. Smith Memorial Scholarship - This scholarship is given to undergraduate biology majors.
- Marguerite Dickson Barber Endowment - This scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students majoring in the sciences.
- Alan W. Cockerline Scholarship - This scholarship is for biology majors who are Texas natives.
- Eugene W. Hupp Scholarship - This scholarship is intended for undergraduate biology majors with demonstrated financial need, with preference given to students from single-parent families from Liberty and Wharton counties.
- Peggy and L.M. Waddell Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to undergraduate pre-medical students or science majors with demonstrated financial need.
- Jessie L. Herrick Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to pre-medical students.
- Dorothy Meyer Kincaid Scholarship - This scholarship is for junior or senior undergraduates or graduate students who meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Applicants must complete an essay on the role of the Judeo-Christian ethic in the advancement of medical science.
- Preference is given to undergraduate medical technology majors.
- S-STEM Scholarship - This is a National Science Foundation-funded scholarship program for students majoring in STEM disciplines. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior undergraduate.
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Applicants must submit a current FAFSA.
- Those who seek to attend any professional school (med, dental, etc) are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must submit a 300-400 word personal statement describing interest in STEM and plans after graduation.
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
- SCALE S-STEM Scholarship - This is a National Science Foundation-funded scholarship program for graduate students accepted into the Professional Science Master's (PSM) in Biotechnology program. Requirements:
- Applicants must be a PSM in Biotechnology student enrolled in a minimum of five credit hours per semester.
- Applicants must meet and maintain a minimum 3.2 GPA.
- Applicants must provide a resume.
- Applicants must provide a personal statement to include your interest in biotechnology and future plans after graduation.
- Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must file a current FAFSA.
- Project ACCESS is a Department of Education Title V Promoting Post-Baccalaureate Opportunities for Hispanic Americans (PPOHA) funded program. Requirements:
- Minimum 3.2 GPA.
- Must be a Master’s or PhD student in the School of Sciences.
- Major in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Math, Information Data Science.
- Enroll in minimum of five credit hours.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing current-year FAFSA.
- Demonstrate low-income (email firstname.lastname@example.org for information).
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
- TAAHP Kaplan Achievement Award - for pre-medical or pre-dental students; an internal application for the TWU nomination will be announced each fall.
- AAUW Denton scholarships - for female undergraduate and graduate students.
- Association for Women in Science scholarships and grants - national awards for undergraduate and graduate students who are members of AWIS.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund - national awards for Hispanic undergraduate and graduate students
- Experiential Student Scholars Program - provides a stipend to support an undergraduate research project under the direction of a faculty mentor.
- Chancellor’s Student Research Scholars - recognizes outstanding undergraduate and graduate student researchers during the annual Student Creative Arts and Research Symposium
- Center for Student Research - Research and travel grants.
Page last updated 4:01 PM, October 5, 2023