Internal Biology Division Scholarships
- Biology Division Testing Scholarship - This scholarship has been established to assist juniors and seniors in the Division of Biology in paying for a pre-professional examination such as the MCAT, DAT, PCAT, OAT or GRE. Only junior or senior biology or medical technology majors are eligible to apply. The selection committee will make their decisions based on academic record, extracurricular activities, and demonstrated commitment to a health professions career.
Biology Scholarships Through Pioneer Scholarship System
Biology students can apply for all of the following scholarships through the Pioneer Scholarship System:
- Dr. Robert Fuerst Endowed Scholarship
- Sterling L. Smith Memorial Scholarship - This scholarship is given to undergraduate biology majors.
- Marguerite Dickson Barber Endowment - This scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students majoring in the sciences.
- Alan W. Cockerline Scholarship - This scholarship is for biology majors who are Texas natives.
- Eugene W. Hupp Scholarship - This scholarship is intended for undergraduate biology majors with demonstrated financial need, with preference given to students from single-parent families from Liberty and Wharton counties.
- Peggy and L.M. Waddell Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to undergraduate pre-medical students or science majors with demonstrated financial need.
- Jessie L. Herrick Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to pre-medical students.
- Dorothy Meyer Kincaid Scholarship - This scholarship is for junior or senior undergraduates or graduate students who meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Applicants must complete an essay on the role of the Judeo-Christian ethic in the advancement of medical science.
- Preference is given to undergraduate medical technology majors.
- S-STEM Scholarship - This is a National Science Foundation-funded scholarship program for students majoring in STEM disciplines. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior undergraduate
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Applicants must submit a current FAFSA
- Those who seek to attend any professional school (med, dental, etc) are not eligible for this scholarship
- Applicants must submit a 300-400 word personal statement describing interest in STEM and plans after graduation
- Two letters of recommendation are required
- SCALE S-STEM Scholarship - This is a National Science Foundation-funded scholarship program for graduate students accepted into the Professional Science Master's (PSM) in Biotechnology program. Requirements:
- Applicants must be a PSM in Biotechnology student enrolled in a minimum of five credit hours per semester
- Applicants must meet and maintain a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Applicants must provide a resume
- Applicants must provide a personal statement to include your interest in biotechnology and future plans after graduation
- Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need
- Applicants must file a current FAFSA
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
- TAAHP Kaplan Achievement Award - for pre-medical or pre-dental students; an internal application for the TWU nomination will be announced each fall.
- AAUW Denton scholarships - for female undergraduate and graduate students
- Experiential Student Scholars Program - provides a stipend to support an undergraduate research project under the direction of a faculty mentor
- Chancellor’s Student Research Scholars - recognizes outstanding undergraduate and graduate student researchers during the annual Student Creative Arts and Research Symposium
- Center for Student Research - Research and travel grants
Page last updated 2:01 PM, September 27, 2022