Biology Graduate Student Association
We are a non-profit, chartered organization with the aim of providing a unified presence for the graduate students of the TWU Biology Department. Our mission is to improve graduate students’ experience by promoting their development and advocating for their needs and concerns.
All enrolled graduate students of the TWU Biology Department are members of this organization.
- To be the voice and pillar of support for biology graduate students and encourage diversity in all forms.
- To make graduate students aware of the required rules and regulations for successful and timely completion of their degree.
- To address queries of and support prospective and incoming graduate students of the TWU Biology Department.
- To promote intra-departmental scientific and social discussions.
- To assist in the organization of departmental events.
- To establish a network between the Biology Department, the Graduate School, the International Office, and Career Connection Center in order to promote the continual professional growth of biology graduate students.
Advisers and Executive Council
The work of the BGSA is adjudicated by two faculty advisers.
Claire L. Sahlin, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
Professor, Multicultural Women’s and Gender Studies
Lionel Faure, Ph.D.
The executive council is comprised of elected biology graduate students. Each officer of the executive council has a unique role in representing and ensuring the efficient functioning of the organization.
Current Members of the Executive Council
Our executive council is always available for any assistance. Email us at email@example.com.
Page last updated 9:42 AM, August 28, 2019