There are certain perks of being a Pioneer. Swim laps in the indoor pool, take part in a group exercise class, or shoot hoops on the outdoor basketball court.
Our Fitness and Recreation Center offers various levels of membership to meet the needs of students, faculty, and staff. Membership includes access to:
- Our full-service fitness center
- Outdoor adventure equipment rental of kayaks, tents, bikes, and more*
- Intramural sports like basketball, volleyball, and indoor soccer*
- Eight tennis courts just north and east of the soccer field
- Group exercise classes such as yoga, Pilates, and body shred
- An outdoor sand volleyball court
- The indoor pool at Pioneer Hall
- Outdoor basketball courts
- Our 30-foot climbing wall
- Personal training*
- Specialty fitness classes*
- Fitness Orientations
*Additional fees may apply.
TWU students enrolled in classes are automatic members of Fitness and Recreation and must have a valid TWU Student ID to access the facilities.
- TWU Student: No additional cost
- TWU Faculty/Staff: $73 per semester
- TWU Alumni: $105 per semester
- TWU Sponsored*: $105 per semester
- Family Pool: $85 per person
- Intramural membership: $50/seasonal sport ($40 for membership, $10 league fee)
- Summer Student: $73 per semester
- Community*: $120 per semester
- Aquatics: $85 per semester
- Guest: $5 per day, $25 per week, or $40 per month
*A joining fee of $30 is required for Community and Sponsored memberships. If a membership has been expired for more than one year, an additional $30 joining fee will be required at the time of renewal.
- Fall: September 1 - December 31
- Spring: January 2 - May 31
- Summer: June 1 - August 31
Payroll deduction is offered twice a year in January and August for TWU Faculty and Staff.
Become a Member
For information regarding memberships, please contact Katie Taylor:
Types of Memberships
All full-time, part-time, or adjunct TWU faculty or staff members are eligible for faculty/staff memberships. Aramark employees and bookstore employees may join the Fitness and Recreation Center at the Sponsored rate.
All alumni memberships are subject to verification.
TWU faculty, staff, students, and alumni who are current members with Fitness and Recreation may sponsor a dependent (16 years or older), spouse, or partner. Two individuals may be sponsored at a time.
The TWU employee or student MUST be present when the sponsored member is signing up each semester.
Any Fitness and Recreation member may sponsor up to two individuals per day as guest(s) for a fee. The member must be in the facility with the guest(s) at all times and is responsible for his/her guest's conduct
Guests must provide photo identification (a valid driver's license or state issued ID). The sponsor must present his/her TWU ID or membership card to obtain the guest pass. The guest pass is valid only for the date listed on the receipt. Guests must be 18 years or older.