Open Recreation at the Fitness and Recreation Center includes organized pick-up games officiated by intramural officials in sports like basketball, volleyball, and indoor soccer.
Open Recreation Hours
- 4:30 – 9:00 pm - Volleyball
- 4:30 - 6:30 pm - Open Gym
- 7:00 - 9:00 pm - Basketball
- 4:30 - 6:30 pm - Basketball
- 7:00 - 9:00 pm - Open Gym
- 4:30 - 9:00 pm - Volleyball
Equipment can also be checked out at the front desk with a valid TWU student ID or Fitness and Recreation membership ID card. Available equipment for check-out includes:
- Basketballs (indoor & outdoor, men's and women's)
- Soccer balls (indoor & outdoor)
- Tennis balls
- Tennis racquets
- Volleyballs (indoor & sand)
Open Recreation Rules
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times. Sneakers must be worn at all times. No open-toed or open-backed shoes, sandals, boots, stilettos, or high heel shoes.
- Food is not permitted in the gymnasium.
- Water and sports drinks are permitted provided they are in a sealable non-glass container.
- Please keep track of your belongings. Fitness and Recreation Staff are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- The Fitness and Recreation staff on duty has the right to refuse service to any member who violates any rule or regulation, or engages in any verbal and/or physical abuse of the staff or other patrons.
- Equipment may be checked out at the front desk with a valid TWU student ID. Only
- Fitness and Recreation equipment and balls are allowed in the gym. Any personal equipment is not permitted. Equipment may be checked out in 2-hour increments.
- Equipment can only be returned by the participant who checked it out and TWU ID’s will not be returned to anyone other than the person who checked the equipment out.
- A 30-minute time limit will be enforced for pick-up games.
- Only individual activities will be allowed in the gym. No group games or practices allowed.
Page last updated 7:06 AM, January 18, 2022