How to apply for scholarships
Interested in earning a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree in a nutrition and food sciences field? You may be eligible for a scholarship. Check out the TWU Scholarships Database and enter the keyword “Nutrition” for application requirements to scholarships available to Nutrition and Food Sciences students.
Other financial aid information is available on the Financial Aid website.
Nutrition and Food Sciences scholarships
- John Bascom & Kathryn Morris Scholarship: For undergraduate or graduate students majoring in nutrition and food sciences
- Doris McCarter Brownell Endowed Scholarship: For undergraduate or graduate students in the field of nutrition and food sciences
- Dorothy May Fabestein Scott Nutrition and Food Sciences Scholarship Endowment: For undergraduate or graduate students in the nutrition and food sciences department demonstrating financial need
- Dr. Carolyn N. Bednar Scholarship: For graduate students in nutrition and food sciences
- Ima Jean Boenker Scholars Award (TR & GM): For one first-year, transfer and graduate nutrition and food sciences student
- Jennifer Thomas Brown Memorial Nutrition Award Endowment - Houston: For graduate students to conduct research while studying nutrition and food sciences
- Kennon S. Moffitt Nutrition Scholarship: For undergraduate students in nutrition and food sciences
- Mary Anne Carter Duke Ebert Endowed Scholarship: For undergraduate juniors, seniors or graduate students majoring in nutrition and food sciences and demonstrating financial need
- Susie G. Carlisle Scholarship in H.E.: For undergraduate or graduate students majoring in nutrition and food science
These organizations frequently offer nutrition-related scholarships:
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- International Foodservice Editorial Council
- National Restaurant Association
- School Nutrition Association (SNA members only)
- Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
- Texas CattleWomen, Inc.
- Texas Restaurant Association
Page last updated 3:25 PM, May 24, 2022