Research Participants Needed
Do you have knee pain?
If you said yes, then you may be eligible to participate in a 4-month research study to look at the beneficial effects of watermelon in improving joint function and reducing pain associated with knee osteoarthritis.
- Healthy and mobile adults ages 45-79
- Willing to consume juice with or without whole watermelon powder for 4 months
- Promotion of knee joint health
- Assessment of height, weight, pain and joint flexibility
- Evaluation of blood cartilage markers
- Assessment of vascular health
There will be blood draws, measurement of joint flexibility, questionnaires and gait and balance assessment at the start, midpoint (2 months) and at the end (4 months) of the study.
Total Time Investment:
Approximately 4 hours 45 minutes over 3 office visits
Study Participation is Voluntary
Upon completion, you will receive a compensation of $100 for your time in partial payments of $50 at midpoint (2 months) and final follow-up visit.
If interested, please contact:
Shanil Juma, PhD
Department of Nutrition & Food Sciences
Note: There is a potential risk of loss of confidentiality in all email, downloading and Internet transactions.
Page last updated 9:21 AM, July 21, 2021