B.S. in Nutrition (Wellness)

Through the bachelor's in Nutrition with an emphasis in wellness program, you will learn how to help people live better lives through health and wellness. This program combines studies in nutrition with health studies and is structured to help you earn certified health education specialist (CHES) credentials, which is important if you are interested in working in the public health field.

This degree program is offered at our Denton campus, with a few courses available online and at the Collin Higher Education Center in McKinney.

Careers & Salaries

Earning this degree opens many career opportunities to you, including those in:

  • Health education
  • Community and school health
  • Corporate wellness
  • Fitness center programs

Salaries in these professions vary widely. Payscale.com currently lists a median annual income of $50,000 for certified health education specialists.

Why Nutrition at TWU?

At TWU, you will learn about more than just food and health assessments. Our faculty work with you to help you understand how to develop effective health programs. Plus, our program is structured to allow you to graduate with both your bachelor’s degree and sit for the CHES exam, making you more valuable in the job market.

Program Requirements

The wellness program requires 120 semester hours. Upper-level courses focus on nutrition and food science, microbiology, and health promotion planning and design.

This program includes 27 semester hours of health studies courses, which allows you to sit for the CHES exam in the last semester of your senior year.

See full program requirements in the Undergraduate Catalog.

As a full-time student, you can complete the coursework for this bachelor’s degree within four years.

Admission Requirements

Undergraduate Admission

When you apply to TWU, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores. Admission to TWU is valid for four terms, unless you have attended another higher education institution. 

Check out the links below for specific admissions information:

Questions about the admissions process? Contact the Office of Admissions Processing.

Office of Admissions Processing
Texas Woman’s University
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204-5649
940-898-3076 or 1-866-809-6130 ext. 3076

For More Information

Sherry Vanatta, M.S., RDN, LD
Undergraduate Advisor


Page last updated 2:51 PM, July 8, 2019