Master’s Dietetic Internship (MS/DI) Programs
TWU offers two separate Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)-accredited Dietetic Internship Programs in Denton and Houston. Each of the programs provides the training and education required to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDNND) as set by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Both programs have a Medical Nutrition Therapy emphasis, and can be completed in conjunction with one of two Master’s Degree programs at TWU:
Requirements to Become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with TWU
- Completion of an ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
- Completion of a minimum of a Master's degree granted by a university accredited by a United States Department of Education (USDE) recognized accrediting agency (or foreign equivalent)
- Completion of an ACEND accredited Dietetic Internship (DI)
- Pass the national board examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). For more information regarding the Registration Examination for Dietitians, refer to www.cdrnet.org.
- Texas also has a state license that many employers require. To obtain licensure, the applicant must hold an active registration from the CDR. Completion of the TWU MS/DI meets the requirements necessary to obtain licensure in the state of Texas. Refer to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) website for additional information. For more information about state licensure requirements visit the Commission on Dietetic Registration at www.cdrnet.org/licensure.
- For the past five years, we have experienced an average 99% pass rate between the two programs.
- Affiliations with more than 60 prestigious rotation sites in the Denton/DFW Metroplex and greater Houston area
- Rotations in practice areas such as clinical inpatient, outpatient clinics, food service management, wellness, pediatrics, long-term care, WIC, dialysis, community services, sports nutrition, eating disorders, cancer, bariatrics, private practice, nutrition communications, metabolics, and project management.
See individual program pages for admission requirements.
For more information
Kathleen Davis, PhD, RDN, LD
Dietetic Internship Director - Denton
Rachel Poland, MS, RDN, LD
Dietetic Internship Director - Houston
Assistant Clinical Professor
Page last updated 10:37 AM, August 2, 2023