Frequently Asked Questions

Your Guide to Common Inquiries and Helpful Answers

Is there an on-campus housing requirement?

All full-time, single undergraduate students with less than 60 credit hours are required to live on campus. Exceptions to the live-on requirement may be requested in limited circumstances.

Is on-campus housing guaranteed?

Students who are required to live on campus will find on-campus accommodations. Other assignments are based on a first-come, first-served basis and students may be added to wait lists.

How do I apply for housing? When?

Complete the housing application now for the Spring 2024 Semester and the 2024-2025 Academic Year by visiting the Housing Portal! Contact Housing if you need assistance.

How much does it cost to live on campus?

The total cost of living on campus varies based on the residence hall and meal plan selected.

What are the housing options?

All rooms in TWU Housing will be single or double occupancy, and residential communities are separated by credit-hour classification:

Can I request a single room?

Residence halls are a “point of entry” for introduction into the broader University culture, and it is preferred that first-year students live on campus in residence halls with at least one roommate. This practice encourages students to develop points of connection within their residence hall; to utilize support, help, and resources for themselves and others; to resolve differences; to demonstrate ownership and accountability for their behavior; and to grow as active participants in a community. However, there are a limited number of single rooms available to first-year students living in Parliament Village.

The University recognizes the importance of providing reasonable accommodations in its residential life policies and practices where necessary for students with disabilities to use and enjoy the University’s residential facilities.

Students requesting housing accommodations should note that each hall has a limited number of single rooms. Learn more about the Housing Accommodations by contacting Disability Services for Students.

Guinn and Stark Halls also include a limited number of single rooms. All Lowry Woods apartments are single bedrooms in multi-room units with shared common spaces.

How do I submit a work order for my room?

To submit a work order, visit Click on the dropdown menu for “Most Requested Services” and select “Work Orders.” Read the COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for Work Orders and click “continue.” Select “Work Request” from the menu on the left side of the page. Complete the “Work Request Form” by filling in all required fields and selecting “Denton Campus” and “Denton Housing” for Facility and Repair Center, then click “Submit.”

Is living on campus safe?

TWU prides itself on the safety and security of students. All residential communities feature 24-hour keycard access only with on-site staff and regular patrols by TWU DPS. Additionally, the TWU DPS is accredited by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators.

Can I choose my roommate? What about suitemates?

Current students can take advantage of the Priority Room Selection program to select specific rooms or roommates. Priority Room Selection typically begins in February for current residents who will continue to live in on-campus housing. Contact Housing to request suitemates.

The new and transfer student self-selection process will begin in mid-April for students who have applied for housing by March 31.

Is there housing for transfer students?

Transfer students who are under 21 and have less than 60 credit hours are required to live on campus. Other transfer students may apply for housing and will be placed based on availability.

Can part-time students live on campus?

Priority is given to full-time students, and while we cannot guarantee housing for part-time students, we will do everything we can to accommodate you. You can also check out options for off-campus housing and visit our CARE office for assistance.

Do all residence halls have community bathrooms?

Stark, Guinn and Lowry Woods have private bathrooms, and residents are responsible for all cleaning and supplies. Parliament Village features community bathrooms shared by several students of each floor or wing of a residence hall, containing multiple shower stalls and toilets. University custodial staff clean and restock community bathrooms daily.

What are the benefits of living on campus?

Living on campus allows residents quick and easy access to all campus resources for their use.  Interacting with faculty, staff, and other students in various venues across campus help bring the campus community closer to you. Living on campus creates opportunities to find lifelong friends and make lasting memories. First-year students at TWU can also elect to participate in Living Learning Communities. LLC students live together their first year and participate in activities that promote community and academic success.

Can financial aid cover the cost of housing?

Financial aid may be an option for you. Contact the TWU Financial Aid Office prior to the beginning of the semester to discuss your options.

How does the mail service work?

Individuals living in the residence halls and apartments may receive mail and packages delivered by Amazon, UPS, USPS and FedEx.

All Amazon, UPS and FedEx packages are typically delivered to the front desk of each community by the company, but TWU Housing & Dining cannot control which delivery companies will make successful deliveries. USPS mail and packages are delivered once daily Monday - Friday to each front desk by TWU staff. The front desk staff will NOT accept mail or packages with incomplete or incorrect addresses or recipient names. To ensure that the front desk staff can accept your mail and packages, make sure that the address and your full legal name is complete and correct. Mail is defined as postmarked letters, magazines, and other smaller flat paper items.

When your package is delivered and accepted, the front desk staff will log the package into our package system called Notifii. Then, you will receive a notification via your TWU email from Notifii that your package has been delivered. Your packages will remain at the front desk until you retrieve them. You are responsible for checking your email to see if a package has been delivered to the front desk of your community. You must have your TWU ID available to show the front desk staff. You will not receive notifications if you receive mail. Only package notifications are sent.

The receiving of mail and packages is a service provided by Housing & Dining. Residents are not required to have mail sent to their campus address. Residents are welcome to purchase a P.O. box at the local USPS branch or elsewhere if they want to receive mail but not have TWU staff handle it.

If you are no longer a resident, or the mail or package cannot be determined to whom it belongs, the mail or package will be immediately returned to sender. Any unclaimed mail or packages at the end of each semester will be returned to sender. You are responsible for checking for your mail, and you are responsible for registering a mail forwarding address with USPS upon move-out. The front desk is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. When having mail or packages sent, students MUST use the following addresses for delivery and MUST include their building and room number:

Guinn: 420 East University Dr.

Stark: 1719 N. Bell Ave.

Parliament Village: 703 Administration Dr.

Lowry Woods: 1600 Oakland St.

*All addresses above are Denton, TX 76204*

EXAMPLE of a correct address:

Oakley Pioneer

420 East University Dr.

Guinn Hall 100

Denton, TX 76204

How do I get a parking permit?

The parking permit can be purchased online or in person from the Department of Public Safety.

It is the responsibility of students to obey the parking rules and regulations for the TWU campuses. Complete parking rules and regulations, as well as a parking map, are available for your reference. Please visit the TWU Parking page.

Can I loft my bed?

Having a lofted bed provides additional floor space in your room. Only trained TWU Housing staff may change your bed configuration to be lofted. If you are moving in for the fall semester, you may submit your loft request starting July 15. Requests received before July 15 will not be approved. Requests will be addressed in the order received, some requests for fall may not be completed before move-in, and requests are completed based on staff availability.

To request a lofted bed, submit a work request at Be sure to specify the correct building (i.e. “Parliament East” is Mary’s Hall Parliament Village). The Repair Center is HOUSING-DENTON CAMPUS. Be clear in your request regarding how high you want your mattress to be from the floor. Additional configuration requests may result in a charge. You will receive an email confirmation that your work request was submitted. Please do not submit additional requests.

Page last updated 1:02 PM, July 8, 2024