Living Options

Furnished rooms – Each room is furnished with two beds, two dressers, two desks and chairs, two closets and a MicroFridge (Jones Hall, Stark Hall, and Guinn Hall). Cable TV plugs are in each room, but you must provide your own cable cord.

Residents may arrange furniture to suit their tastes, however, all furnishings must stay in the room. Plan to bring posters, pictures, plants, a TV, stereo, lamp and other items to make your room more comfortable. Microwaves, convection toaster ovens and hot plates are not permitted.

Co-Educational Floors – The co-ed option offers accommodations for women and men on the same floor. One of the benefits of this arrangement is the opportunity for the development of a high level of respect and consideration among residents.

Sorority and Special Interest Areas – Currently, three national sororities have chapter rooms and living facilities for members in Stark Hall. Space for other sororities may be available in the future, depending on the interest of the students and the organizations. Special areas designated by academic major or interest on the same floor can be provided in most residence halls on a space-available basis if there is sufficient demand.

Living Learning Communities – Texas Woman’s University provides Living Learning Communities (LLCs) that offer students the opportunity to learn outside of the classroom, in order to strengthen student intellectual and personal growth. They are designed to integrate curricular and co-curricular experiences that complement and extend classroom learning. By fostering faculty and resident interactions, LLCs enhance the intellectual and personal development of the residents.

Computer Labs – All residence halls offer computer labs with computers and printers, connected to the Resnet internet service.

Rooms for Students who need Accommodations – A student seeking accommodation for a specific room type must have their accommodation approved by June 1 for the fall semester. A limited number of rooms are available for residents who use mobility devices or who are deaf or hard of hearing. Emotional support animal accommodations must be approved before the animal is permitted on campus. An animal accommodation does not include a specific room type accommodation. If you need accommodations, please contact Disability Services for Students at 940-898-3835.

Page last updated 9:48 AM, May 8, 2023