Residency Requirement Information

Residency Requirement Information

All TWU full-time single undergraduates who have not completed 60 credit hours are required to live in University residential communities unless one of the following exceptions apply:

  • 21 years of age or older
  • Active duty military or veterans of military service
  • Living with parents or legal guardians within the commuting distance
  • With children

Certification of Living with Parent (CLPA) Form (pdf)

Request for Release from Residency Requirement (RFR) Form (pdf)

University Housing will continue to offer affordable living based on classification.

Guinn Hall: First Year students (under the age of 21)
Jones Hall: First Year students (under the age of 21)
Stark Hall: First Year students and Sophomores (under the age of 21)
Lowry Woods Community: Sophomores (under the age of 21)
Grove Street apartments: Graduate students
TWU Select apartments: Students 21 years and older or having 60 credit hours or more

If you have any additional questions please contact the Department of University Housing at 940-898-3676 or

Page last updated 10:08 AM, February 23, 2018