For more information on the Fall 2020 semester, visit the Fall 2020 website.
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
August 4, 2020 Update: We are no longer accepting applications for CARES Act Emergency Aid. Because remaining funds are limited, they will be disseminated through the financial aid process. The Office of Financial Aid will will be able to more efficiently identify and process funding to those students with the most significant COVID-19 related need. If you/your parents (if you are a dependent) have been adversely affected by COVID-19 such that it has reduced your ability to pay for college expenses, you may submit the 2020-2021 Special Circumstances Form to the Office of Financial Aid for consideration. Students must have submitted a FAFSA to be eligible.
Health and Academic Support
Students who have been impacted by COVID-19 exposure/illness who have health concerns they would like to discuss with Student Health Services (SHS) and/or need assistance from Student Life to communicate with professors regarding missed assignments due to COVID-19 may complete the Health and Academic Support Request form. Upon submission, a staff member from SHS and/or Student Life will be in touch with you.
Student Health Services
TWU Student Health Services provides telehealth visits via HIPAA-compliant video conference or phone. Appointments may be made by calling 940-898-3826 or through secure message using the TWU Patient Portal. Immunization compliance and other services are also available.
TWU Counseling and Psychological Services offers teletherapy sessions by confidential video conference or phone. Schedule an appointment by leaving a message at 940-898-3801. Be sure to provide a call back number. Your call will be returned between 8 a.m.-5 p.m., M-F.
Optum’s emotional-support help line for students with anxiety or stress due to COVID-19 includes FREE 24/7 access to specially trained mental health specialists: 866-342-6892.
Check out the CARE website for a list of financial, food and medical resources available for students.
- TWU Workout Wednesday: Follow Fit & Rec on Instagram for healthy living advice. We feature weekly personal trainer posts, share workout videos and fitness tips each week.
- Group X Classes on Facebook Live: Follow Fit & Rec on Facebook to access in-home workout videos taught by our instructors. Mondays at 4 p.m.—Yoga; Wednesdays at 4 p.m.—Dance Fitness, and Fridays at noon—Meditation.
- Virtual Fitness Classes on IGTV: Follow Fit & Rec on Instagram to access workout videos taught by our personal trainers. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4 p.m. will be at-home workouts.
Logging into Canvas
Canvas can be accessed on the TWU My Courses website. On the My Courses page, click the login button for Canvas and enter your Pioneer Portal username and password.
Check out this website for helpful information on how to get started with online learning, what to expect, how to be successful in your online classes and more.
Your TWU Campus Bookstore is offering several FREE eBook, courseware and shipping programs as students transition to online learning.
The library provides services for face-to-face, hybrid and distance learning, including help from librarians.
Online Academic Tutoring Resources
Academic Coaching – Engage in virtual academic coaching sessions with the Pioneer Center for Student Excellence. You and a coach can work collaboratively on study skills and strategies including test taking tips, note taking and time management. Schedule an academic coaching appointment online.
This online tutoring service provides tutoring in:
- Mathematics (basic math through Calculus including Bilingual Math)
- Introduction to Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Organic Chemistry
- Introduction to Finance
- Microsoft Office programs
To access Smarthinking, log into Canvas and select one of their courses. Then, click on the Smarthinking Online Tutoring link on the course navigation and follow the directions to set up a tutoring session. Tutoring in some subjects is available 24/7. With Smarthinking, you can:
- Connect and interact with a live tutor.
- Submit writing for any class to their Online Writing Lab.
- Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor within 24 hours.
- Use the iPad app to access live tutoring anytime and anywhere.
- Opt-in to text messaging for notification of the return of reviewed writing and for pre-scheduled appointment reminders.
- Speak voice-to-voice with your tutor using the voice-enabled whiteboard.
Health and safety depend on efforts of an entire community. Homemade face masks provide an added layer of safety for both you and others around you. TWU's Student Union team put together this short demonstration showing you how to make easy, no-sew masks with supplies you have in your home.
Page last updated 1:19 PM, October 5, 2020