North Texas Food Resources
The Junction (Our Daily Bread)
The Junction - Our Daily Bread and King Outreach Center has collaborated in becoming one organization, The Junction. They are located at 300 West Oak Street, Denton, TX, 76201. They are open Monday–Friday 9:00am to 1:30pm and Saturday 9:00am to 12:45pm. Breakfast is served at 9:00am and lunch is served at 11:30am. Guest services are by appointment.
Denton Community Food Center
Denton Community Food Center is located on 306 N. Loop 288, Suite 400 Denton, TX 76209 (behind the Serve Denton Center, off Loop 288 on Market St). Open Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm. Requires a photo ID and proof of registration. Can receive food every 2 weeks via drive-through pick up.
Denton Freedom House
Denton Freedom House is located at 1123 Ft. Worth Dr., Denton, TX 76205. Open Monday through Thursday from 1 pm - 4 pm and Friday from 11 am - 2 pm. Must register online or in person.
Denton ISD Breakfast and Lunch
Denton ISD Breakfast and Lunch - Drive- through meal pick up is available on 7 different campuses for currently enrolled Denton ISD students. Must present student IDs at pickup. Wednesdays from 4:30pm to 6:00pm.
Denton Wesley Foundation
Denton Wesley Foundation is located at 1501 Maple St. The food pantry is open the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. No ID is required.
The Denton Salvation Army
The Denton Salvation Army is located at 1508 E McKinney St., Denton, TX 76209. The Food Pantry is open every Wednesday and Friday from 9:30 am to 11:30 am. Food is picked up by drive-through. The K.A.R.E. Kitchen is open to the community everyday starting at 5:30 pm.
- Women, Infants, Children (WIC)
- The WIC Program intends to protect the health of low-income women, infants, and children up to the age of 5 who are at nutrition risk by providing nutritious foods that enhance diet, information on healthy eating, and references to health care.
- United Way Denton Covid-19 Resources
- 211 Texas
- 211 Texas Health & Human Services helps you locate local food, health, housing and more through a guided search engine
- Texas Education Agency Meal Finder
- Tarrant Area Food Bank find food
- Tarrant Area Food Bank Mega Mobile Market
- SNAP Food Benefits
- North Texas Food Bank find a pantry
- Imperfect Foods
- Sells and delivers ‘misshaped’ organic and conventional groceries. SNAP recipients are eligible for discounted pricing plans. Moderately priced.
- Comfort Food Care Package (CFCP)
- Allen Wholesale Foods
- DFW region owned meat company with contact free home delivery and/or distribution center pickup in Fort Worth. Membership is free but a subscription option is available. Orders must be placed online. Minimum orders of $100 and accepts debit and credit cards, but can split the cost with friends or family.
Page last updated 2:15 PM, January 27, 2022