Emergency Aid grant funds provide financial assistance for students who are facing unforeseen financial emergencies and catastrophic events that may disrupt their education. Emergency grants are not intended to pay for monthly or regular expenses or be a consistent supplement to a student’s education funding. Students may only receive emergency funding once per semester if approved for aid.
Emergency Aid Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for the Emergency Aid program, you must:
- Be registered for at least 9 credits in the semester in which the funds would apply.
- Plan on enrolling or have already enrolled the semester following the award period
- Provide documentation of the emergency.
- Be in good academic standing, with a minimum 2.0 GPA
Denton • Dallas • Houston
Need Access to the Internet? Get long-term hotspot checkout:
The TWU Libraries are excited to offer long-term hotspot checkouts at all three campuses. Students can check out a hotspot for up to a semester. These hotspots are made possible by a grant from the US Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Texas State Library and Archives Commission and are available only to TWU students. To submit a request for a hotspot, students will need to email our Information Desk at InformationDesk@twu.edu. The staff will set up an appointment with the student to activate the hotspot and ensure that it syncs with their computer.
- Denton County Financial Assistance
- Rental, mortgage, possibly extended stay hotel, and utilities assistance through the United Way of Denton. Only apply to one agency as applications are sourced by United Way staff.
- Utilities, Prescriptions/Medical Supplies Assistance, and Interfaith Ministries of Denton
- Denton County COVID-19 Statistics
- COVID Resources (Financial Assistance, Utility Bill Adjustment)
- Dallas County Emergency Assistance Program
- North Texas Food Bank
- Child Care
- Comfort Food Care Package (CFCP)
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
- Eviction Stays for Renters (pdf)
- Financial Housing Assistance
- Food Resources
- Free Internet
- Phone Carrier Resources
- Statewide COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line
- Texas Rent Relief
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Texas Workforce Commission - Unemployment Benefits Recommended Call and Access Times
- Unemployment Resources
Page last updated 8:59 AM, June 15, 2022