Notice: We are no longer accepting applications for CARES Act Emergency Aid. Because remaining funds are limited, they will be disseminated through the financial aid process.
Emergency Aid grant funds are financial assistance for students who are facing unforeseen financial emergencies and catastrophic events that may disrupt their education. Emergency grants are not intended to pay for monthly or regular expenses or be a consistent supplement to a student’s education funding. Students may only receive emergency funding once per semester, if approved for aid.
NOTE- federal CARES Act funding is not a part of the CARE Dept (Campus Alliance for Resource Education). If you have questions about CARES Act funding, please contact the TWU Financial Aid office.
Examples of emergencies:
- Significant uncovered medical expenses related to self or child.
- Loss of housing due or income due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Inadequate food supply
- Danger of having necessary utilities disrupted or cutoff (electricity, water, etc.)
- City of Denton Essential Business (pdf)
- Denton County Financial Assistance
- Rental, mortgage, possibly extended stay hotel, and utilities assistance through the United Way of Denton. Only apply to one agency as applications are sourced by United Way staff.
- Utilities, Prescriptions/Medical Supplies Assistance, and Interfaith Ministries of Denton
- Child Care
- Comfort Food Care Package (CFCP)
- Eviction Stays for Renters (pdf)
- Financial Housing Assistance
- Food Resources
- Free Internet
- Phone Carrier Resources
- Statewide COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Texas Workforce Commission - Unemployment Benefits Recommended Call and Access Times
- Due to the backlog of unemployment claims processing resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Texas Workforce Commission has listed days and times that applicants can apply for benefits based on the area code
Area Code of Applicant Suggested Call Time Area Codes Beginning with 9 Mon-Wed-Fri 8AM - Noon Area Codes Beginning with 3, 4, 5, 6 Mon-Wed-Fri 1PM - 5 PM Area Codes Beginning with 7, 8 Tue-Thurs-Sat 8AM - Noon Area Codes Beginning with 2 Tues-Thurs-Sat 1PM - 5 PM
- Unemployment Resources
Page last updated 8:53 AM, January 12, 2021