Emergency Aid

Notice: We are no longer accepting applications for CARES Act Emergency Aid. Because remaining funds are limited, they will be disseminated through the financial aid process. 

Emergency Aid grant funds are financial assistance for students who are facing unforeseen financial emergencies and catastrophic events that may disrupt their education. Emergency grants are not intended to pay for monthly or regular expenses or be a consistent supplement to a student’s education funding. Students may only receive emergency funding once per semester, if approved for aid.

NOTE- federal CARES Act funding is not a part of the CARE Dept (Campus Alliance for Resource Education). If you have questions about CARES Act funding, please contact the TWU Financial Aid office.

Request an Appointment with CARE (this is not the CARES Act)

Examples of emergencies:

  • Significant uncovered medical expenses related to self or child.
  • Loss of housing due or income due to unforeseen circumstances.  
  • Homelessness
  • Inadequate food supply
  • Danger of having necessary utilities disrupted or cutoff (electricity, water, etc.)
CARES Act Compliance

Emergency Resources



Tarrant County


Page last updated 8:53 AM, January 12, 2021