CARE partners with the North Texas Food Bank to help address food insecurity issues by bringing the mobile food truck to the Denton campus in the fall and spring semesters. The mobile food truck is open for students, faculty, staff and community members. NTFB follows the USDA’s guidelines for eligibility but will not turn an individual away who is in need. Please plan on parking in the Jones Hall East Parking Lot. Coolers and ice packs will help produce stay fresh while you are in class. You are encouraged to bring your own bags, but NTFB will have some plastic grocery sacks if you cannot bring your own.
NOTE: Truck offers produce only
scroll to see the full table⇨
Fall 2019 dates will be published as soon as available. There will be no visits during the summer.
All dates take place in Jones East Parking Lot (location may change due to weather, please check Facebook @twuoffcampus for updates.)
- If you have some sturdy bags, bring them.
- Park in the Jones Hall parking lot.
- If you are going to class or to work before heading home, consider bringing a cooler and ice packs to keep produce fresh.
- Make a plan about how you will get produce back to your residence halls if you live on campus.
Volunteer for Mobile Food Pantry
The truck arrives on campus around 10:45 a.m.-11 a.m. and distribution is from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. We need about 15 volunteers per shift. If you speak Spanish and would not mind assisting with registration please add a comment after you select a shift. It is helpful to have bilingual volunteers at registration and at the end of the line for our Spanish speaking participants.
Commuter Meal Plans
Meal plans aren't just for residential students! Meal plans allow you to eat in The Underground as well as use Dining Dollars to purchase food items at any retail location, like Chick-Fil-A or Tu Taco using a preloaded amount on your ID card. If you would like the convenience of being able to use your ID card to pay for meals, check out the commuter meal plan options:
- Commuter $300 - $300 +sales tax (all Dining Dollars)
- Commuter $500 - $500 +sales tax (all Dining Dollars)
- Commuter 40 plus $150 - $375 +sales tax (40 meals in the Underground and $150 Dining Dollars)
- Block 50 plus $1300 - $1650+sales tax (50 meals in the Underground and $1300 Dining Dollars)
To sign up for a commuter meal plan, complete the Meal Plan Application.
Page last updated 2:39 PM, April 24, 2019