Star Scholarship Program
Applications open September 2019
The Star Scholarship Program through the non-profit organization Empowering Women as Leaders provides financial support and mentoring for the college education of high-potential women residing in Texas, ages 23 and older. We call our selected women "Stars" because they shine with possibility and a determination to make great things happen.
Once a Star is selected, EWL pairs the Star with a mentor while she obtains her college degree and throughout the first two years of her career. We match Stars with experienced professionals who have achieved success in the workplace and who can share learning experiences. Stars also receive $750 scholarship for each semester they are registered as a full-time undergraduate student.
- At least 23 years of age or older
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national
- Demonstrate critical financial need
- Enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate study program at Texas Woman’s University
- Earned a 3.2 cumulative grade point average
- Maintain good standing with TWU and EWL
- Eager to make a difference in the world
- Reside in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
- Complete the application
Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarship
Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society for Non-Traditional Students is providing an opportunity for ALL eligible students to apply for a $3500 scholarship.
Please fill out the ASL 2019-2020 Scholarship Application to apply.
Jessica Burchfield must receive your application by Friday, April 12 to be considered.
You may not personally send in your scholarship application to ASL, National.
*Do not request your official transcript unless you have been notified that you are a TWU finalist by Jessica Burchfield
Who May Apply?
Any student who has achieved the following criteria (student does not have to be a member of the local Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter to apply):
- Completed 24 semester hours of graded coursework at TWU. (Not including transfer credits or credits currently being taken)
- Achieved a grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on all work taken at TWU (transfer grades are NOT included)
- Is enrolled in a first-time undergraduate degree program at TWU (Graduate and Post-Bacc students are not eligible)
- Must have at least one semester left before graduation
- Has a financial need for assistance to complete the degree
- Is a non-traditional student (one or more of the following)
- 24 yrs of age or older
- Student Parent
For questions, please contact Jessica Burchfield.
Page last updated 6:29 AM, September 16, 2019