Parking on Campus
- Denton Parking Information
Commuter parking permits are $70 for the year (fall through summer). Remember commuters can park in MAROON & BLACK lots. However, between 4 p.m. - 9 p.m. all students with parking decals can park in any zone except visitor, reserved, yellow curb, and fire lane.
Construction has begun on the new student housing project and soccer field, and parking around Pioneer Hall will be affected. To help offset the loss of these Pioneer Hall parking spots, a new gravel parking lot has been installed to the east of the Facilities Management building.
- Oakland Parking Garage
For information about the garage and decals.
- Oakland Parking Garage
- Dallas Parking Information
- Houston Parking Information
Commuter Meal Plans
Meal plans aren't just for residential students! Meal plans allow you to eat in The Underground as well as use Dining Dollars to purchase food items at any retail location, like Chick-Fil-A or Tu Taco using a preloaded amount on your ID card. If you would like the convenience of being able to use your ID card to pay for meals, check out the commuter meal plan options:
- Commuter $300 - $300 +sales tax (all Dining Dollars)
- Commuter $500 - $500 +sales tax (all Dining Dollars)
- Commuter 40 plus $150 - $375 +sales tax (40 meals in the Underground and $150 Dining Dollars)
- Block 50 plus $1300 - $1650+sales tax (50 meals in the Underground and $1300 Dining Dollars)
To sign up for a commuter meal plan, complete the Meal Plan Application.
Shuttle Service - Denton Campus
TWU offers a complimentary shuttle service to the Denton campus from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- For the North Remote Lot on Frame St., Administration Dr. just past the Visitor’s Parking Lot
- For the Denton Bible Church, parking lot next to Dance Gymnastics Laboratory (DGL) Building, just before light at Bell Ave
For additional assistance, please contact 940-898-3166.
Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA)
The A-train travels between Denton and Carrollton. Here is an updated map and schedule (pdf) as of March 23rd, 2020.
The DCTA Connect is the Denton City Bus that operates Monday through Friday on a modified Saturday schedule as of March 23, 2020, with an additional trip provided in the morning. Saturday service will remain the same as the current schedule. Access service will be available during the same hours as Lewisville and Denton Connect service. To get to the Denton campus from the Downtown Denton Transit Center, ride DCTA Connect bus routes 5 or 6. To ask general questions or provide feedback, contact DCTA.
DCTA has provided a Ride DCTA Safety Tips video.
How much does it cost to use DCTA?
Discounted Connect Passes
Students may use DCTA A-train, Connect bus, Denton Enterprise Airport Zone On-Demand, and Lakeway On-Demand services at a reduced rate by purchasing passes exclusively at Brackenridge Hall (room 209). Students who do not purchase passes through Brackenridge Hall must pay full fare. Faculty and staff will be required to pay the full fare as well. For more information please visit DCTA’s website.
University Pass Program
On Thursday, August 1, the Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) will have an updated University Pass Program fare structure in place that will align with the agency’s existing reduced fare discount. There will no longer be a difference in fare pricing for university students vs. faculty and staff.
The process to purchase a DCTA University Pass and the required documents needed will mostly remain the same as the current process and pass sales will be handled via the agency’s website and at the Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC).
Types of University Passes to Purchase
University of North Texas (UNT), Texas Woman’s University (TWU) and North Central Texas College (NCTC) students, faculty and staff looking to travel locally and regionally can purchase a DCTA University Pass for discounted transit and to avoid the hassles of driving and sitting in traffic.
The agency offers two types of University Passes – local and regional.
- Local System fares are valid on the A-train, DCTA Connect Bus, Highland Village Connect Shuttle, Denton Enterprise Airport and Lewisville Lakeway Zone, UNT and NCTC Campus Shuttles and North Texas Xpress (Denton to North Park & Ride and Reverse only).
- Regional System fares are valid on the A-train, DCTA Connect Bus, Highland Village Connect Shuttle, Denton Enterprise Airport and Lewisville Lakeway Zone, UNT and NCTC Campus Shuttles. Also includes access to fixed-route bus and rail services operated by DCTA, Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) and Trinity Metro.
Please note the timeframes for the semester passes and the summer pass overlap. If a student normally purchases three individual passes, it’s cheaper for them to purchase the annual pass. Annual passes purchased prior to August 1 will still be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
Required Verification to get a University Pass
Before purchasing a University Pass, you will need to make sure you have required verification. Below is a list of verification requirements:
- UNT students should provide an Enrollment Verification Paper from the registrar’s office
- TWU students should provide a copy of their e-bill
- NCTC students can complete a form available from the registrar’s office
- Employee IDs will serve as employment verification for all three educational institutions
How to Purchase a University Pass
Passes can be purchased either online or in person at the DDTC during regular business hours. DCTA accepts cash, check or credit cards.
- Visit DCTA’s online store.
- Select the University Pass you want to purchase. Choose between the following options:
- Local or Regional pass
- Student, Faculty or Staff
- UNT, TWU or NCTC
- Add to cart, check out and fill out the appropriate information. Select if you would like to pick up at the Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC) or if you would like the pass shipped to you.
- In order to receive your pass, you must provide a front-facing, clear photo of yourself. This can be emailed to the DCTA (provide the transaction number in the subject line).
- You must also provide proof of enrollment/employment from one of the three universities. This can be emailed to the DCTA (provide the transaction number in the subject line) or brought to the DDTC. A list of verification options can be found under “Required Verification.”
- Once your purchase is approved, you can pick up your pass at the DDTC. If your pass is being shipped to you, it will be shipped through certified mail within seven to 10 business days.
- You can also buy your pass in-person at the DDTC.
How do I get from...
Other Area Transportation Systems
DART- Dallas Area Rapid Transit
TRE- Trinity Railway Express
Page last updated 6:38 AM, March 25, 2020