Parking on Campus
- Denton Parking Information
Commuter parking permits are available for the year (fall through summer). Remember commuter can park in MAROON lots. However, between 4 p.m. - 9 p.m. all students with parking decals can park in any zone except visitor, reserved, yellow curb, and fire lane.
Several construction projects are affecting parking on the Denton campus, however there are complimentary parking lots with shuttle service.
- Dallas Parking Information
- Houston Parking Information
Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA)
Downtown Denton Transit Center Closure
Customer service will remain available by phone to assist passengers with questions at 940.243.0077. Individuals needing to purchase passes can do so with the following options:
- DCTA’s online store
- GoPassSM mobile app available on Apple and Google Play stores
- Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) at each DCTA A-train station
The A-train travels between Denton and Carrollton. Here is an updated map and schedule (pdf) as of March 23rd, 2020.
DCTA has provided a Ride DCTA Safety Tips video.
How much does it cost to use DCTA?
Discounted Connect Passes
Students may use DCTA A-train, Connect bus, Denton Enterprise Airport Zone On-Demand, and Lakeway On-Demand services at a reduced rate by purchasing passes exclusively at Brackenridge Hall (room 209). Students who do not purchase passes through Brackenridge Hall must pay full fare. Faculty and staff will be required to pay the full fare as well. For more information please visit DCTA’s website.
University Pass Program
DCTA has established a University Pass that aligns with the agency's existing reduced fare discount. There is no longer a difference in fare pricing for university students vs. faculty and staff.
The process to purchase a DCTA University Pass and the required documents needed are the same as the current process and pass sales will be handled via the agency's website and at the Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC).
Types of University Passes to Purchase
University of North Texas (UNT), Texas Woman’s University (TWU) and North Central Texas College (NCTC) students, faculty and staff looking to travel locally and regionally can purchase a DCTA University Pass for discounted transit and to avoid the hassles of driving and sitting in traffic.
The agency offers two types of University Passes – local and regional.
- Local System fares are valid on the A-train, DCTA Connect Bus, Highland Village Connect Shuttle, Denton Enterprise Airport and Lewisville Lakeway Zone, UNT and NCTC Campus Shuttles and North Texas Xpress (Denton to North Park & Ride and Reverse only).
- Regional System fares are valid on the A-train, DCTA Connect Bus, Highland Village Connect Shuttle, Denton Enterprise Airport and Lewisville Lakeway Zone, UNT and NCTC Campus Shuttles. Also includes access to fixed-route bus and rail services operated by DCTA, Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) and Trinity Metro.
Please note the timeframes for the semester passes and the summer pass overlap. If a student normally purchases three individual passes, it’s cheaper for them to purchase the annual pass. Annual passes purchased prior to August 1 will still be valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
Required Verification to get a University Pass
Before purchasing a University Pass, you will need to make sure you have required verification. Below is a list of verification requirements:
- UNT students should provide an Enrollment Verification Paper from the registrar’s office
- TWU students should provide a copy of their e-bill
- NCTC students can complete a form available from the registrar’s office
- Employee IDs will serve as employment verification for all three educational institutions
How to Purchase a University Pass
Passes can be purchased either online or in person at the DDTC during regular business hours. DCTA accepts cash, check or credit cards.
- Visit DCTA’s online store.
- Select the University Pass you want to purchase. Choose between the following options:
- Local or Regional pass
- Student, Faculty or Staff
- UNT, TWU or NCTC
- Add to cart, check out and fill out the appropriate information. Select if you would like to pick up at the Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC) or if you would like the pass shipped to you.
- In order to receive your pass, you must provide a front-facing, clear photo of yourself. This can be emailed to the DCTA (provide the transaction number in the subject line).
- You must also provide proof of enrollment/employment from one of the three universities. This can be emailed to the DCTA (provide the transaction number in the subject line) or brought to the DDTC. A list of verification options can be found under “Required Verification.”
- Once your purchase is approved, you can pick up your pass at the DDTC. If your pass is being shipped to you, it will be shipped through certified mail within seven to 10 business days.
- You can also buy your pass in-person at the DDTC.
How do I get from...
Other Area Transportation Systems
DART- Dallas Area Rapid Transit
TRE- Trinity Railway Express
Page last updated 8:12 AM, May 27, 2021