"Family graduation in Houston provides plenty of opportunities for families to celebrate. "
"Graduates from Denton and Dallas participate in a combined ceremony. "
Celebrate with your Children
Texas Woman’s University recognizes the challenges of being a student and a parent. Family Graduation Celebration recognizes your family’s role in your academic journey and success. Graduates, bring your children so they can wear a cap and gown, walk across the stage, take a family photo, and feel the excitement of being an accomplished graduate, just like you! Please note you must register to attend this special function.
Family Graduation is offered annually during the spring semester. Summer and fall graduates are invited to celebrate during the spring as well. Dallas graduates participate with Denton students during the Denton Celebration.
*This event is designed for graduates and their children and does not replace Commencement. Find out more information about Commencement.
Family Graduation has been canceled for the Spring 2020 semester.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the invitation email sent?
- The invitation email is sent in late February or early March to all students who have applied for commencement for the following ceremonies: December of the previous year, May of the current year, and summer of the current year.
- Are caps and gowns provided for my kiddos and myself? What is the cost to attend this event?
- This event is free to attend. Graduates will wear their regalia purchased for commencement. Children walking the stage will have a cap that they can decorate and take home. Children’s gowns are borrowed.
- Are graduates required to wear their regalia?
- No. Graduates are not required to wear their regalia.
- How can I volunteer for family graduation?
- Volunteers are appreciated at the Denton and Houston celebrations. To volunteer please email CARE.
- Can I add more family members after my initial registration?
- You can request to add additional family members by emailing CARE.
- When will you send additional information about the ceremony?
- We will send additional information about the celebration two weeks prior to the event. This includes; parking FAQ’s, day of logistics, and any other need to know information.
- Does family graduation occur every semester?
- Family graduation celebration occurs in Spring semester only. The celebration is open to students who graduate the previous winter, current spring, and summer semesters.
- Can I choose which celebration I want to attend between the Denton/Dallas and Houston events?
- During registration, students can choose the Denton/Dallas celebration which takes place at the Denton campus or the Houston celebration that takes place on the Dallas campus. You can choose whichever campus is closer to you.
Page last updated 2:41 PM, March 19, 2020