Transfer admissions overview
You can apply to Texas Woman’s anytime. Recommended priority application dates:
- Fall: March 1
- Spring: November 1
- Summer: One month before the first day of classes
- Specific programs have varying application deadlines. Check the undergraduate catalog for information on your program.
Academic Calendars show semester and class start dates as well as deadlines.
Benefits of applying early as a transfer student:
- More time to find scholarships you are eligible for
- Earlier notification of financial aid and housing selections
The average application processing time is 4-6 weeks once all documents are received. Learn how to check your application status.
Texas Woman’s makes transferring easy. Use our Transferology tool to see how many of your credits will transfer to TWU. And don’t worry, you can include any military credits and standardized exam credits.
How to apply as a transfer student
1. Apply online
Read the transfer admission requirements
2. Pay the application fee
The $50 fee, which applies to all applicants (new and returning) can be paid by:
- Credit card online through ApplyTexas.org
- Certified check or money order payable to TWU sent by mail to Admissions Processing | 304 Administration Drive Suite 102 | Denton, Texas 76204 (include your full name and ID number)
OR submit electronic application materials to: email@example.com
- Cash (no personal checks) at the Bursar’s Office. After paying, bring your receipt to Admissions Processing (second floor of GRB).
Application fee waivers are granted only when you submit an official SAT/ACT fee waiver form.
3. Submit transcripts to TWU
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended. Transcripts may be electronic or printed. Find more information regarding transcripts.
- International Applicants are now required to provide an evaluation prepared by a NACES or AICE member evaluation service effective July 1 (transcripts should no longer be sent directly to TWU. See International Admissions’ How to Apply for more details.
- Check out our transfer equivalency guide or use the Transferology tool to see how your credits will transfer.
Page last updated 11:41 AM, September 28, 2023