- Application deadlines vary by program. Most graduate degree programs accept applications year-round, with exceptions. Check the graduate catalog for details.
- Average application processing time varies from 3-8 weeks, depending on the programs application process
- Apply early for benefits, including:
- Stay up-to-date on the status of your application by creating your Pioneer Portal account and logging into WebAdvisor
- Learn more about how to check your application status
Note: Admission to the University does not automatically guarantee admission to a particular college, school or program.
How to Apply
Step 1: Apply online at ApplyTexas.org
- Read the graduate admissions requirements
Step 2: Pay the application fee
The $50 fee, which applies to all applicants (new and returning) can be paid by:
- Credit card online through ApplyTexas.org
- Certified check or money order payable to TWU sent by mail to Admissions Processing (include your full name and ID number)
- Cash (no personal checks) at the Bursar's Office. After paying, bring your receipt to Admissions Processing (first floor of ADM).
Step 3: Submit documents to TWU
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended, undergraduate and graduate. For more information regarding transcripts, please visit Admissions Processing.
- Until further notice, the GRE is not required for admissions purposes to TWU
- Copy of your permanent resident card, if applicable - If you have applied for permanent residency but have not yet received the INS form Notice of Action i-797 verifying approval, you will be processed as an international student.
Step 4: Apply to your program
Most graduate programs have specific admissions requirements you must meet after acceptance to the University.
Find your program in TWU's Program, Majors & Degrees finder to see if your program has additional admission requirements and application deadlines.
Send certified checks, money orders, fee waivers and application materials to:
TWU Admissions Processing
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, Texas 76204-5649
or via expedited mail to:
304 Administration Dr.
Denton, TX 76204 (no Saturday delivery)
Learn more at an Event See all
Page last updated 4:10 PM, March 25, 2020