Test Scores & Transcripts
TWU requires an official transcript from every institution where college credit was attempted or earned. Check WebAdvisor for your list of outstanding application documents.
Note: Academic documents provided directly by an institution and all attested documents become the property of TWU and will not be returned. Additionally, TWU cannot accept faxed transcripts or notarized copies of academic records, from either the applicant or the institution.
Submit all application materials, certified checks, money orders and fee waivers to:
302 Administration Drive
Denton, TX 76204
or via expedited mail to:
Graduate Research Building, Room 220
301 Research Circle
Denton, TX 76204 (no Saturday delivery)
Electronic domestic transcripts may be sent through a secured third-party provider to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Transcripts and How To Send Them
U.S. transcripts may be electronic or printed. Any sign of tampering will render the transcript unofficial and invalid.
Electronic transcripts and test scores must be sent through a secured, third-party service directly to TWU from the sending institution (excludes international transcripts).
- Speede, Parchment, Credentials Inc, eScrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, among others
- These services can send the transcripts electronically to OAP@twu.edu
- TWU cannot accept an electronic transcript directly from an applicant
Printed transcripts /test scores must be sent directly from the institution to TWU, or delivered in a sealed envelope from the institution.
- Unopened documents may be forwarded by mail to TWU by the applicant in the original sealed envelope
- Applicants can take official documents to the Dallas, Denton and Houston campuses
- Applicants are advised to call and schedule a time to drop off documents at the Dallas and Houston locations
Military transcripts are official documents that allow veterans to earn college credit based on their military training and work history completed while in service.
- The Course-by-Course evaluation must be submitted directly to Admissions Processing by the service provider and must include a copy of the academic documents that were provided for completion of the evaluation
- A Course-by-Course evaluation is considered to be an evaluation which includes individual course titles, U.S. grades, U.S. credit hours and GPA along with the provider’s summary of the recommendation
- See additional International Admission Requirements
Updating your TWU Transcript
Make Every Credit Count
Update your TWU transcript with new coursework from other institutions by submitting transcripts to:
- TWU Office of Admissions Processing
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204
- Transcript updates are done on a first-come, first serve basis and may take 1-3 weeks, to evaluate
- Official documents only
- Check your Pioneer Portal and TWU email regularly to see when coursework has been evaluated
- Evaluated coursework appears immediately on your unofficial transcript via WebAdvisor
- Please note that there is a short delay between updating your transcript and your official degree plan
- If after three weeks you do not see your update, contact email@example.com
- Credit by Exam
- TWU does accept electronically transmitted transcripts; however, students should note that electronic transcripts do not always include important information, such as statements indicating core completion
- Course credits and grades with a direct TWU equivalent are assigned the TWU course prefix and number
- Courses with no direct TWU equivalent are assigned a generic title, course prefix, and level (1000, 2000, etc.)
- Title courses appear under the elective section and your academic advisor will need to work with the Registrar's Office to move electives to the correct section of your degree plan
- All coursework taken as part of your undergraduate degree will not appear on your TWU transcript
- Only coursework taken after the date of your bachelor’s degree is posted to your official TWU transcript
- Appropriate TWU staff members have access to your submitted transcripts can check them for program prerequisites and requirements
Questions? Email Admissions Processing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting test scores
First-Year and graduate students may be required to submit test scores to gain admission into the university. TWU can accept electronic and hard copy delivery of test scores.
For electronic, use the codes below.
- ACT: 4224
- SAT: 6826
- GRE: 6826 (Suspended for Summer and Fall 2021 admission cycle.)
- TOEFL: 6826
- MAT: 2248
- GMAT: 2BV-CZ-64
For hard copies, the test scores must be sent directly from the institution to TWU or delivered in a sealed envelope from the institution.
Check WebAdvisor for a list of any outstanding application documents.
Time Limits for Test Scores
Admissions Processing will accept official test scores indefinitely; however, testing institutions will only retain those scores for delivery for the years listed below.
- GMAT: 10 years
- GRE: 5 years
- MAT: 5 years
- TOEFL: 2 years
- IELTS: 2 years
- SAT/ACT: Valid indefinitely; however not required five or more years after high school graduation
Note: For test scores that exceed the time limit above, the applicant may provide the original score report to OAP for copying purposes.
Page last updated 11:20 AM, July 24, 2023