Congratulations and welcome to Texas Woman’s!
There are a few things you need to do as a first-year or transfer student before getting to class.
Pioneer Portal Access
Create your Pioneer Portal account
Set up your TWU Gmail account and check it daily
For help with set up, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 940-898-3971.
Apply for Financial Aid
Submit a free federal OR Texas application for financial aid (FAFSA or TAFSA)
- Applications open: Oct. 1
- Renew FAFSA each year to qualify for more types of financial aid
- TWU's institution code: 003646
- TWU's FAFSA priority deadlines:
- Summer & Fall: Jan. 15
- Spring: Sept. 1
Apply for Scholarships
Submit the TWU General Scholarship Application and automatically match with scholarships you qualify for
- Fall deadline: March 15
- Spring deadline: Dec. 14
Register for Orientation
Register for orientation. (You will meet with your advisor and sign up for classes during orientation)
- First-Year Students: Register online (required)
- Transfer Students: Register online (recommended)
Find your advisor
- Dallas Campus Orientation
- Houston Campus Orientation
- International Student Orientation
Housing is required and guaranteed for students under 21, or with fewer than 60 credit hours
Submit the housing application, pay the housing deposit and choose your meal plan OR
Pay Tuition & Fees
Visit the Bursar to pay for classes.
- Pay by the posted deadlines to avoid deleting your course schedule
- Review your tuition charges and fees
- Learn how to sign up for installment payment plans
Complete these steps as soon as possible
Provide your immunization documentation
Submit final high school transcripts with graduation date
Check your Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Status in your Pioneer Portal
If needed, register for TSI and Accuplacer tests
Submit final transcripts from current college with all grades
Have questions? Contact us
Toll free: 1-866-809-6130
Our Location & Hours
ADM Building, Rm 105
P.O. Box 425589
Denton, TX 76204
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Mon. - Fri.
Page last updated 3:19 PM, March 4, 2020