Effective July 1, 2023
Applicants are no longer required to provide non-U.S. transcripts and diplomas directly to TWU. A Course-by-Course evaluation prepared by a NACES or AICE member evaluation service provider is required effective July 1. See the How to Apply section below for details.
You're considered for admission as an international student if you:
- Hold a visa with a foreign nationality
- Hold asylum, refugee or temporary protected status
- Are a pending U.S. permanent resident
You are an undergraduate student if you are seeking a bachelor's degree and a graduate student if you are seeking a master's or doctoral degree. Check the catalog for more admission information as an undergraduate or graduate student.
Contact us at email@example.com with questions or assistance.
How to Apply
1. Apply online
First-Year and Transfer international students
Graduate international students
Apply to graduate programs according to the semester and application portals below:
Fall 2023 on the ApplyTexas website (application deadline is Aug 18th or June 1st for International Applicants)
Spring 2024 on the ApplyTexas website**
**Spring 2024 Masters and PhD program applicants to the College of Business, Child Life, Child Development, or Early Childhood Education & Development
Summer and Fall 2024 – Graduate applications for ALL programs apply on TWU’s Online Graduate Application Portal
2. Pay the application fee
The $75 fee, which applies to all applicants (new and returning) can be paid by:
- Credit card online through ApplyTexas.org
- Certified check or money order payable to TWU sent by mail to Admissions Processing (TWU Admissions Processing | 304 Administration Drive Suite 102 | Denton, Texas 76204) (include your full name and ID number)
- Cash (no personal checks) at the Bursar’s Office. After paying, bring your receipt to Admissions Processing (first floor of ADM).
3. Submit documents to TWU
- Course-by-Course Evaluation — Provide a Course-by-Course evaluation prepared by a NACES or AICE member evaluation service provider. The Course-by-Course evaluation must include all studies completed at post-secondary schools outside of the U.S.
- The Course-by-Course evaluation must be submitted directly to Admissions Processing by the service provider and must include a copy of the academic documents that were provided for completion of the evaluation.
- A Course-by-Course evaluation is considered to be an evaluation which includes individual course titles, U.S. grades, U.S. credit hours and GPA along with the provider’s summary of the recommendation.
- Secondary/Higher Secondary Studies: A Course-by-Course evaluation of secondary/higher secondary school studies is only required for first-year applicants and applicants who have completed less than 12 transferrable credit hours
- Proof of English language proficiency test scores or exemption form
- Graduate standardized test scores (if applicable)
Submit all application materials, certified checks, money orders and fee waivers to:
TWU Admissions Processing | 304 Administration Drive Suite 102 | Denton, Texas 76204
4. Apply to your program
Most graduate and some undergraduate programs have specific admissions requirements you must meet after acceptance to the University.
Find your program in TWU’s Program, Majors & Degrees finder to see if your program has additional admission requirements and application deadlines.Apply Today
- Admission to F1 visa holders is contingent on meeting the immigration deadlines
- Graduate program deadlines may be earlier than the international application deadline. Contact the graduate department of your program for requirements and deadline information.
- Preferred deadline: March 1
- Final deadline: April 1
- Preferred deadline: April 1
- Final deadline: June 1
- Preferred deadline: August 1
- Final deadline: November 1
Page last updated 11:44 AM, September 28, 2023