First-Year & Transfer Next Steps
Congratulations and welcome to Texas Woman’s!
There are a few things you need to do as a first-year or transfer student before classes start.
Complete these steps as soon as possible
Pioneer Portal access
- Go to gmail.twu.edu and log in with your Pioneer Portal login. The first login must be on a desktop or laptop computer. Your email login information is the same as your Pioneer Portal. Example: JPioneer@twu.edu
- Follow these steps to enable 2-step verification for access to your TWU Gmail account: TWU Help Article and Google Help Article
- You can access your TWU Gmail account anytime from gmail.twu.edu or logging into your Pioneer Portal account at portal.twu.edu
- We recommend checking your TWU Gmail account daily or once a week. This is where communication from TWU is sent, including scholarships and financial aid award letters, housing selection and enrollment information, so it’s important to check it often. For help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 940-898-3971.
- Find detailed step-by-step instructions for signing up to TWU Gmail. For help with set up, contact email@example.com or call 940-898-3971.
Apply for financial aid
You may be asked to submit additional documents by TWU to complete the FAFSA process. Requests will be sent to your TWU email, so remember to continue checking your email account. If you receive a request for additional documents, it’s important you respond as soon as possible so your potential financial aid isn’t affected.
- Applications open: Dec. 1
- TWU’s FAFSA priority deadlines:
- Summer & Fall: Feb. 1
- Spring: Sept. 1
Apply for scholarships
- Fall deadline: March 1
- Spring deadline: Dec. 14
Register for orientation
Register for classes
Pay tuition & fees
Page last updated 4:11 PM, February 16, 2024