Graduate Next Steps
Congratulations and welcome to Texas Woman’s!
There are a few things you need to do as a graduate student before classes start.
Pioneer Portal access
- Go to gmail.twu.edu and log in with your Pioneer Portal login. The first login must be on a desktop or laptop computer. Your email login information is the same as your Pioneer Portal. Example: JPioneer@twu.edu
- Follow these steps to enable 2-step verification for access to your TWU Gmail account: TWU Help Article and Google Help Article
- You can access your TWU Gmail account anytime from gmail.twu.edu or logging into your Pioneer Portal account at portal.twu.edu
- We recommend checking your TWU Gmail account daily or once a week. This is where communication from TWU is sent, including scholarships and financial aid award letters, housing selection and enrollment information, so it’s important to check it often. For help, contact email@example.com or call 940-898-3971.
- Find detailed step-by-step instructions for signing up to TWU Gmail. For help with set up, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 940-898-3971.
Apply for financial aid
Enter TWU’s school code (003646) to ensure we receive your records.
- Applications open: Dec. 1
- Renew FAFSA each year to qualify for more types of financial aid
- TWU’s institution code: 003646
- TWU’s FAFSA priority deadlines:
- Summer & Fall: Feb. 1
- Spring: Sept. 1
Apply for scholarships
- Fall deadline: March 1
- Spring deadline: Dec. 14
Meet with your advisor
Register for classes
You’ll learn vital information about TWU’s graduate school at orientation.
Pay tuition & fees
Pay by the posted deadlines to avoid deleting your course schedule. Review your tuition charges and fees and learn how to sign up for installment payment plans with the Bursar’s office.
Page last updated 3:41 PM, February 16, 2024