- Priority application deadlines: March 1 for fall; November 1 for spring; One month before the first day of summer sessions
- Check the Academic Calendar for the first day of class dates
- Apply early for benefits, including:
- Average application processing time is 4-6 weeks - once all documents are received
- Stay up-to-date on the status of your application by creating your Pioneer Portal account and logging into WebAdvisor
- Learn more about how to check your application status
- Specific programs have varying application deadlines. Check the undergraduate catalog for information on your program.
How to Apply as a First-Year Student
1. Apply online at ApplyTexas.org
- Read the first-year admission requirements
2. Pay the application fee
The $50 fee, which applies to all applicants (new and returning) can be paid by:
- Credit card online through ApplyTexas.org
- Certified check or money order payable to TWU sent by mail to Admissions Processing (include your full name and ID number)
- Cash (no personal checks) at the Bursar's Office. After paying, bring your receipt to Admissions Processing (first floor of ADM).
Application fee waivers are granted only when you submit an official SAT/ACT fee waiver form.
3. Submit documents to TWU
- Official high school transcript - Your transcript should show your class ranking and current courses. Transcripts may be electronic or printed.
- Official college transcript – If you have taken college courses, include and an official transcript from that institution. Transcripts may be electronic or printed. For more information regarding transcripts, please visit Admissions Processing.
- ACT or SAT scores, if required - These may be included on the back of your high school transcript or sent directly to TWU. This requirement is temporarily suspended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Copy of your permanent resident card, if applicable (permanent residents) - If you have applied for permanent residency but have not yet received the INS form Notice of Action i-797 verifying approval, you will be processed as an international student.
Submit all application materials, certified checks, money orders and fee waivers to:
TWU Admissions Processing
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, Texas 76204-5649
or via expedited mail to:
304 Administration Dr.
Denton, TX 76204 (no Saturday delivery)
Learn more at an Event See all
Page last updated 2:36 PM, May 5, 2020