First-year admissions overview
You can apply to Texas Woman’s anytime. Recommended priority application dates:
- Fall: March 1
- Spring: November 1
- Summer: One month before the first day of classes
- Specific programs have varying application deadlines. Check the undergraduate catalog for information on your program.
Academic Calendars show semester and class start dates as well as deadlines.
Benefits of applying early as a first-year student:
- More time to find scholarships you are eligible for
- Earlier notification of financial aid and housing selections
The average application processing time is 4-6 weeks once all documents are received. Learn how to check your application status.
How to apply as a first-year student
1. Apply online
Read the first-year admissions requirements.
2. Pay the application fee
The $50 fee, which applies to all applicants (new and returning) can be paid by:
- Credit card online through ApplyTexas.org
- Certified check or money order payable to TWU sent by mail to Admissions Processing | 304 Administration Drive Suite 102 | Denton, Texas 76204 (include your full name and ID number)
OR submit electronic application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash (no personal checks) at the Bursar’s Office. After paying, bring your receipt to Admissions Processing (second floor of GRB).
Application fee waivers are granted only when you submit an official SAT/ACT fee waiver form.
3. Submit documents to TWU
- Official U.S. high school transcript - Your transcript should show your class ranking and current courses. Transcripts may be electronic or printed.
- Official U.S. college transcript – If you have taken college courses, include an official transcript from that institution. Transcripts may be electronic or printed. Find more information regarding transcripts.
- ACT or SAT scores
- The SAT or ACT is optional for admissions but may be used for honors and scholarship purposes
- These may be included on the back of your high school transcript or sent directly to TWU.
- International Transcripts – If you completed or are completing secondary studies outside of the U.S. a Course-by-Course evaluation prepared by a NACES or AICE member evaluation service provider is required verifying completion of higher secondary studies or studies completed to date. Evaluation should reflect a GPA. If applicable, evaluation of any non-U.S. post-secondary studies is also required. See International Admissions How to Apply for more details.
Submit all application materials, certified checks, money orders and fee waivers to:
TWU Admissions Processing | 304 Administration Drive Suite 102 | Denton, Texas 76204
Submit electronic application materials to: email@example.com
Page last updated 3:34 PM, February 16, 2024