Undergraduate Programs

Students perform
TWU Theatre students perform 'The Wal*Mart-ians', an original play written and directed by associate professor Steven Young.

Bachelor of Arts Degrees and Certificates in Theatre

Bachelor of Arts in Theatre

As a TWU theatre major, you may choose from two degree concentrations: acting/directing or technical/design. The coursework for each emphasis allows you to develop a specialized program of study, focusing attention on your desired area while simultaneously incorporating all elements of the production process. At TWU, we are committed to preparing you for a future career in professional or educational theatre by providing a broad and diverse background in the theatric arts.

Bachelor of Arts in Theatre with a Teaching Certification

If you're interested in bringing the excitement of the stage into the classroom, our Bachelor of Arts in Theatre with a Teaching Certification may be right for you. Please follow the requirements listed on the Bachelor of Arts in Theatre (Early Childhood - 12 Theatre Certification) page, as the Teacher Certification plan of study requires a slightly different core of theatre courses in order to allow room for more specialized courses in Education and Teaching.

Musical Theatre Certificate

Are you passionate about acting, directing, designing or writing for musical theatre? You now have the option of adding our Musical Theatre Certificate to your degree plan. If you choose to supplement your training with this certificate, you can expect to participate in musical theatre productions, cabarets, and interdisciplinary courses on the history and art of musical theatre.

Degree Plans

Programs of study for undergraduate theatre degrees

Course Rotation and Student Handbook

Theatre Program Course Rotation
Theatre Student Handbook

How to Apply

Request More Information

The BA in Theatre with EC-12 Teacher Certification prepares educator candidates for the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) exam (State Board for Educator Certification through the Texas Education Agency). If you are a resident of another state, contact the Office of Educator Preparation Services to determine whether our program fulfills requirements to take the certification exam in your home state. 

Page last updated 11:21 AM, November 14, 2018