Circle of Light
The five divisions of TWU's the School of the Arts & Design – dance, fashion, music, theatre, and visual arts – are joining forces to create the Circle of Light, an art-themed festival in and around Pioneer Circle between the Visual Arts Building and the Music Building on Dec. 6.
The Circle of Light will begin at 6 p.m. and is open to the public.
- Theatre will perform a 16th-century English poem called A Christmas Carol by George Withers.
- Music will perform the annual A Very Merry Concert in the Margo Jones Performance Hall in the Music Building at 7:30 p.m.
- Dance will show student screen dances (works made for two dimensions rather than the three dimensions of the stage) on a 30-foot-square screen near the Ann Stuart Science Complex on the east side of Pioneer Circle.
- Fashion will create a global exhibit of apparel and artifacts from around the world.
- Visual Arts will display inflatable sculptures and interactive projections shown on the Visual Arts Building.
- The merchandising pop-up shop will feature a fashion holiday decor and gift market in the Music Building lobby
- The grounds will be decorated with pendant light fixtures.
- A photo booth and a creative ornament-design area.
- Hot chocolate and cookies.
All events except the concert are free. Tickets to A Very Merry Concert are $10 general admission, $5 for students and seniors, and free for children under 12. Tickets for the concert are available online and at the door.
Buy tickets to A Very Merry Concert
- Announcements at 7 p.m.
- Global fashion exhibit
- Market pop-up shops
- SOAD branding (presentation and voting)
- Projection screen: screen dance and 3D renderings
- Lighting on the Pioneer Woman statue
- Photo booth and creative ornament design
- Inflatable sculptures
- Projection mapping on Visual Arts Building
- Ceramic light fixtures
- Projected drawings
Page last updated 2:07 PM, December 1, 2022