Graduation and Commencement
Steps to your graduation
- Apply for graduation by the graduation deadline.
- Review the Student Graduation Checklist to make sure you graduate on time.
- Undergraduate students need to submit their Undergraduate Degree Plan Verification form to the Registrar's Office one year prior to the expected date of graduation.
- Graduate Students, please review the Graduate School Degree Completion information.
- Apply for graduation by the deadline defined in the Academic Calendar (If you encounter difficulties, please review the Application Troubleshooting Guide).
- Review honors requirements to determine if you are eligible for honors recognition.
- Purchase commencement regalia (cap, gown, etc.) through the Bookstore.
Denton/Dallas ceremonies will take place on May 7th and 8th at the Texas Motor Speedway.
The Houston ceremony will be held on May 1st at Heavy Construction Systems Specialists (HCSS) at 13151 West Airport Boulevard, Sugar Land, TX 77478.
Check back for updates as more information becomes available.
Degrees are not awarded based on participation at commencement. Degrees are based on final grades. Grades are posted within a week of the end of the term. Degrees are posted to the official transcript approximately 3-4 weeks following graduation.
- Students should consult with their advisors to ensure all grades of Incomplete (I) have been updated to a standard grade.
- All transfer work or credits-by-exam required for degree completion must be completed by the end of the graduating term.
- Transcripts or exam scores for these credits must be received by TWU within four weeks of the end of the term for which a student has applied to graduate. (Transfer work not received by this deadline, or failure to apply to have the graduation application forwarded to a future term by the rollover deadline, will require the student to reapply to graduate the following term. *Note: The graduation application fee will be assessed.)
Your diploma will be mailed to the address you provided on your application for graduation approximately 4-6 weeks after the conferral date. Diplomas will not be issued until all financial and administrative obligations to the University have been cleared.
- Undergraduate and Graduate diplomas will be posted and mailed by the Registrar's Office. If your mailing address changes after you submit your application for graduation, undergraduates please submit your new address to the Registrar's Office via email, Registrar@twu.edu. The email must come from your TWU email. Graduate students, please contact Karen Bartel at 940-898-3489 or email email@example.com from your TWU email to have your address updated.
- Diploma covers are presented at commencement. If you do not attend, you may pick up a diploma cover from the office of the Registrar during normal lobby hours. *It is not our policy to mail diploma covers.
Congratulations on your achievement!
Page last updated 10:04 AM, March 15, 2021