Graduation and Commencement
Steps to your graduation
- Apply for graduation by the graduation deadline.
- Review the Student Graduation Checklist to make sure you graduate on time.
- Undergraduate students need to submit their Undergraduate Degree Plan Verification form to the Registrar's Office one year prior to expected date of graduation.
- Graduate Students please review the Graduate School Degree Completion information.
- Apply for graduation by the deadline defined in the Academic Calendar (If you encounter difficulties, please review the Application Troubleshooting Guide).
- Review honors requirements to determine if you are eligible for honors recognition.
- Purchase commencement regalia (cap, gown, etc.) through the Bookstore.
- Commencement Schedule
- Commencement Parking Map
- Commencement Live Video Stream
- Ticket Information
- What to expect the day of your commencement ceremony
- Do you need special accommodations?
- Cap and Gown
Degrees are not awarded based on participation at commencement. Degrees are based on final grades. Grades are posted within a week of the end of the term. Degrees are posted to the official transcript approximately 3-4 weeks following graduation.
- Students should consult with their advisors to ensure all grades of Incomplete (I) have been updated to a standard grade.
- All transfer work or credits-by-exam required for degree completion must be completed by the end of the graduating term.
- Transcripts or exam scores for these credits must be received by TWU within four weeks of the end of the term for which a student has applied to graduate. (Transfer work not received by this deadline, or failure to apply to have the graduation application forwarded to a future term by the rollover deadline, will require the student to reapply to graduate the following term. *Note: The graduation application fee will be assessed.)
Your diploma will be mailed to the address you provided on your application for graduation approximately 6-8 weeks after the graduation date. Diplomas will not be issued until all financial and administrative obligations to the University have been cleared.
- Undergraduate diplomas will be posted and mailed by the Registrar's Office. If your mailing address should change after you have submitted your application for graduation, undergraduates please submit an updated Undergraduate Graduation Application Revision form to the Registrar's Office via fax, 940-898-3097.
- Graduate diplomas will be mailed by the Graduate School. If your mailing address should change after you have submitted your application for graduation, graduates please contact the Graduate School at 940-898-3415.
Congratulations on your achievement!
Page last updated 11:48 AM, December 6, 2018