What to Expect at Your Ceremony
Students and guests may park in any valid parking spot the day of their ceremony. Please see the DPS Parking page campus map for available parking locations. https://twu.edu/parking/
Guests with Disabilities
We have floor seating appropriate for guests with disabilities, and staff at each entrance
to the arena whom will be available to assist these guests with seating accommodations. (See Special Accommodations). Selfie sticks are not permitted.
Before the ceremony
- Arrive with cap and gown, in Pioneer Hall (2nd floor) 45 minutes before your ceremony. Leave purses and valuables at home or with family members. The university is not responsible for personal articles.
- Undergraduate tassels go on the right and move to the left during ceremony
- Graduate tassels on the left for the duration
- Obtain name card on station in 2nd floor rotunda.
- Line up in alphabetic order by last name behind the sign with your degree on it
- Doctoral Candidates will be directed to a separate room
- ONLY CANDIDATES WILL BE PERMITTED UPSTAIRS
During the ceremony
- Name cards obtained before line-up will be handed to the speaker at the name card table, prior to walking across the stage.
- Professional photographers will be at the ceremony to take a photograph of each graduate.
- Each graduate will pose with the Chancellor prior to exiting the stage and with their diploma cover after crossing the stage.
- There is no obligation to purchase pictures, but you will receive a proof of the photo approximately a week after the ceremony. Answers to student inquiries may be found on http://www.gradimages.com/
- Selfie sticks will NOT be permitted.
After the ceremony
- Graduates will exit via the north exit of Pioneer Hall
- Guests will exit via the main exit of Pioneer Hall
Congratulations on your achievement!
Page last updated 3:57 PM, December 12, 2019