What to Expect at Your Ceremony
Before the ceremony
- Arrive in Pioneer Hall (2nd floor) 45 minutes before your ceremony.
- Leave purses and valuables at home or with family members. The university is not responsible for personal articles.
- Have your cap and gown with you.
- Undergraduate tassels go on the right and move to the left during the ceremony.
- Graduate tassels go on the left for the duration.
- Obtain your name card at the name card station on the 2nd-floor rotunda.
- Undergraduate name cards will be to the right
- Graduate name cards will be to the left
- Line up in alphabetic order by last names behind the sign with your degree on it.
- Doctoral candidates will be directed to a separate room.
- ONLY CANDIDATES FOR GRADUATION WILL BE PERMITTED UPSTAIRS.
- Parking Students and guests may park in any valid parking spot on the day of their ceremony. Please see the DPS Parking page campus map for available parking locations. https://twu.edu/parking/
- Guests with disabilities: We have floor seating appropriate for guests with disabilities, and staff at each entrance to the arena who will be available to assist these guests with seating accommodations.
- Selfie sticks are not permitted.
During the ceremony
- When you are called to walk to the stage, bring your name card, which you obtained before line-up. You will be directed to hand your name card to the speaker at the name card table prior to walking across the stage.
- Professional photographers will be at the ceremony to take a photograph of each graduate.
- Each graduate will pose with the Chancellor before exiting the stage.
- Photographers will take another photo of each graduate holding their diploma cover before being directed back to a seat.
- There is no obligation to purchase pictures, but you will receive a proof of the photo approximately a week after the ceremony. Answers to student questions may be found on http://gradimages.com/
After the ceremony
- Graduates will exit via the north exit of Pioneer Hall
- Guests will exit via the main exit in the rotunda of Pioneer Hall.
- Graduates and guests may reunite outside the building.
Congratulations on your achievement!
Page last updated 11:54 AM, July 2, 2021