Application for Graduation
Students must apply for graduation by the deadlines listed below, and found in the academic calendars.
Application for Graduation Deadlines
- Opens: October 28, 2021
- Closes: February 2, 2022
- Summer (August) 2022 graduates who wish to participate in the May commencement must apply by this deadline.
- Opens: March 31, 2022
- Closes: June 22, 2022
- August graduates who wish to participate in the May commencement must apply by the February 2, 2022 deadline.
- Opens: March 31, 2022
- Closes: September 14, 2022
Please make sure to review the instructions on How to Apply for Graduation.
*Ph.D. students graduating in August may only attend the December ceremony.
- No application can be accepted after the deadline for any semester.
- Participation in commencement is optional. If you are unsure about attending the ceremony, select "Yes, will attend" to ensure a place and guest tickets will be reserved. If you select "NO," then no tickets will be reserved for your guests.
- After submitting your graduation application, you will receive confirmation via e-mail. If you do not receive this confirmation, please e-mail email@example.com from your TWU e-mail to verify your application went through.
- The graduation application fee will be charged to your account when your application has been submitted. The fee must be paid before the end of the graduating term. Diplomas will be held until all financial obligations are paid.
- Dual degree students must submit an application for each degree they will complete. The graduation application fee is required for each application, and two diplomas will be issued.
- Degrees are mailed to the mailing address provided when you applied for graduation.
- Credits for correspondence courses, incomplete work, and changes of grades or courses to be transferred must be filed in the TWU Registrar’s Office.
- No student may graduate with a grade of Incomplete, even if the “I” is in a course unrelated to the degree plan.
- Official transcripts for transfer work must be received within four weeks of the end of the graduating term. Failure to meet this deadline will require you to reapply for graduation for the next available term.
Changing your graduation term
Students who have applied for graduation that determine they will not meet their degree requirements will be required to change their graduation term.
- Undergraduates who have applied for graduation that determined they will not meet their degree requirements may change their graduation date by submitting the Request to Change Graduating Term form to the Registrar’s office. Students must submit their requests by the rollover deadline, which is on the academic calendar. Undergraduates can rollover their graduation application no more than twice without paying an additional application fee.
- After the rollover deadline, undergraduate students who determine they will not meet their degree requirements must submit a Graduation Application Withdrawal Request to the Registrar’s Office. A new graduation application is mandatory for the new term which the student plans to complete. Payment for the new graduation application will be required.
- Graduate students who find they will not graduate in the term they applied to complete may change their graduation date by submitting a Rollover Application to the Graduate School. The rollover application must be submitted by the rollover deadline, which is on the academic calendar. Graduate students can rollover their graduation application twice without having to pay any additional application fees. Please review the Degree Completion page on the Graduate School website and the graduate catalog for more information.
Page last updated 10:03 AM, May 19, 2022