Master of Arts in Political Science
Our master’s in political science focuses on U.S. politics, global politics, public policy and political processes to properly address the needs of students who seek a thorough understanding of government and legal studies.
Students admitted to our program will select one of the following options with consultation and approval of their graduate committee. The student’s graduate committee may require completion of more than the minimum number of semester credit hours indicated and specify courses to be included in the student’s individual degree. These options include:
- Professional Paper
- Practicum Capstone
- Graduate Certificate Program in History
Please visit our Graduate Catalog for more information about degree and course requirements regarding our different degree options.
Admission to the History & Political Science Graduate Programs
Jacob Blosser, Ph.D.
No fixed deadlines - Rolling admissions
- Applicant’s overall record should clearly reflect the ability to pursue advanced study, conduct research, and write effectively in the field selected.
- Documentation of a strong preparation in the liberal arts.
- A minimum GPA of 3.25 on last 60 semester credit hours of undergraduate work.
- A minimum of 12 semester credit hours of upper-division undergraduate or graduate work in the major field.
Applicants who do not meet the above prerequisites at the time of application may, under exceptional circumstances, be recommended for provisional admission by the department.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Collect and submit the following documents as separate files in ONE email to HistoryGov@twu.edu with the subject line "(Full Name) - Graduate Application". Please attach all items as PDFs.
- Writing sample
- Curriculum vitae
- Name and contact information for three references
Need More Information?
To learn more about the master's of political science, please contact our Director of Graduate Studies, Parker Hevron, Ph.D., at email@example.com or 940-898-2131, or fill out and submit the following form.
Page last updated 10:13 AM, November 11, 2021