Photography & Videography Services
TWU's photographer & videographer capture and manage compelling visuals that advance TWU’s brand and align with the strategic plan and university priorities. Photos/videos are taken with an artistic eye and a broad perspective that showcases the university as a whole.
Photography and videography services are offered for recruitment and university priorities only. This may include:
- Photo and videos for the website, our biggest tool for recruitment
- Events that showcase campus/student life & experiences
- Visuals to highlight programs or research
- Visuals of a specific student, alumni or faculty member for News & Media purposes
Before Requesting Services
- Plan ahead and request photo or video services at least 3 weeks in advance of the event.
- Allow time for editing and delivery of photos and videos. If you need a photo or video by a certain date, allow for 2 weeks for editing and delivery.
- Editing times may vary depending on the size of the project. Timelines will be discussed in more detail when you submit a request.
- Make sure you have the TWU Photo Release Consent Form completed and signed when taking photos or videos of people. The only exception to this is photos of crowds
- Check that your video topic is within Marketing & Communication's scope of work, which includes recruitment and university priorities only. If it is not within Marketing & Communication's scope of work:
- Most modern smartphones have cameras capable of taking high-resolution photos that can then be cropped and edited
- There are some tricks to take good videos with a smartphone. Review the guidelines below for help.
Making a video for your department to use online?
Here are some helpful hints to ensure the video you create meets TWU's video use guidelines and branding standards.Guidelines for Department Videography
How to Request Services
Email TWU's university photographer with your photoshoot request. Include the date of the event or your availability.
Assistant Director, Visual Media Production
Complete the Video Production Request Form to request a video project with TWU's videographer.
Photoshelter is the photo storage system used by TWU's university photographer to share photos with departments.
Check Photoshelter for existing photos before requesting new photos. What you need may already exist for you to use today!
Freelancers can be hired for headshots or event coverage. Departments must use an approved freelance photographer, options listed below.
The department hiring the photographer pays for their time, typically $150/hour unless otherwise negotiated.
Denton & Dallas
Shawn Saumell - Events
Page last updated 9:00 AM, November 23, 2021