Social Media at TWU
Being Social at Texas Woman’s University
At Texas Woman’s, we use social media to connect, engage and enrich the lives of our greater campus community and external audiences. Our social media channels provide educational and informational opportunities, transparency and access to information in critical situations, and elevate our distinct position as the nation’s largest public university primarily for women.
The Social and Digital Media team sets the strategic direction for social media at Texas Woman’s; manages Texas Woman’s institutional social media accounts and works with social media content creators across campus as they manage their own social networks.
Texas Woman’s University’s Institutional Accounts:
How to use GIF Stickers
TWU GIFs are now available on your Instagram Stories and Snapchat!
Steps to use:
- Take a photo to post on Instagram Stories or Snapchat as you normally would
- Click on the square in the top right - this takes you to the menu to search for GIFs
- Search "TXWomans" or "TWU" in the search bar – searches are not case sensitive
- Select the GIF you would like to use from the TWU GIFs that show up
- Pinch in and out to make the GIF smaller or larger or move the GIF where you want it on the post
- Post to Your Story and tag us @TXWomans
Our social media content will focus on the following:
- Reinforcing and positioning the University’s brand in accordance with the Strategic Plan’s areas of distinction
- Women & Leadership
- Veteran Centric Initiatives
- Educating the Whole person
- Recruitment of Prospective Students
- Capturing Campus Life
- Showcasing Academic Excellence
- Promoting Community Involvement and Services
To ensure correct and unified messaging, social media managers are encouraged to share official, unaltered Texas Woman’s emergency messages, with the exception of closures or specific department information. In the event of Internet connectivity issues, contact the Marketing and Communication department (940-898-3456) for assistance in updating social media.
Page last updated 8:51 AM, December 2, 2019