Master of Fine Arts - M.F.A.
Master of Fine Arts in Dance Program
Our master of fine arts in dance degree program will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed as a professional in the competitive field of contemporary dance. As you develop, implement and expand your artistic vision and goals, you will have many opportunities to engage critically while exploring innovative formats, venues and creative processes as a choreographer, performer, researcher, writer and leader.
Admission to the MFA in Dance
Professor Jordan Fuchs
It is recommended that international students complete the graduate school application and submit required materials for review and processing at least six to eight months before the deadline.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Applicants must email the following materials in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject heading "(Full Name) - M.F.A. Application Materials":
- Department of Dance Graduate Application form
- Resume of dance, educational, and artistic experience.
- 300-500 word Statement of Interest and Objectives, which includes your professional goals; your previous artistic, academic, and career experience related to those goals; and the importance of graduate study in the TWU Department of Dance MFA Program to the pursuit of your professional goals.
- Please feel free to reference the TWU Department of Dance website for information on the MFA Program in Dance course work and on the Dance Department faculty and their research areas in your statement.
- Writing sample (recommended) such as a research paper from an undergraduate or graduate dance theory course, description of workshops, publicity packet materials or other promotional materials.
- YouTube, Vimeo, or website link to a video portfolio of artistic work including performance and choreography excerpts and at least one full-length work choreographed by the applicant. Include the password if password protected.
- Have three letters of recommendation sent from people familiar with your teaching, academic, and/or artistic work. Recommenders must submit letters of recommendation as PDFs directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the student name and "MFA in Dance" in the subject line.
- Participate in an interview, either in person or over the phone. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the Department of Dance Recruitment Coordinator to schedule an interview.
- All applicants must participate in a Dance Audition.
Applicants who choose to apply for a graduate assistantship position should review the graduate assistantships dance webpage and complete the application for graduate assistantship and teaching expertise in dance forms found on that page.
Page last updated 8:31 AM, October 27, 2022