Graduate Certificate in Multicultural Women’s and Gender Studies
Our post-baccalaureate graduate certificate in Multicultural Women’s and Gender Studies offers a unique opportunity for TWU graduate students and individuals and professionals in our community to acquire expertise in transdisciplinary women’s and gender studies scholarship.
Students and individuals interested in our graduate certificate program will gain:
- An enhanced ability to engage critically and holistically with multicultural feminist and womanist theories concerning social inequalities, gender constructs and the diversity of women’s lives
- Advanced research skills in the field of women’s and gender studies and effective academic writing skills
- Preparation for responsible leadership within the community, academics, social services or the professional career of your choice
Admission to the P.B. Certificate in Multicultural Women's and Gender Studies
Agatha Beins, PhD
No deadline - Rolling
Students entering TWU only for the Graduate Certificate in Multicultural Women’s and Gender Studies should:
- Submit a statement of purpose (500-700 words) to email@example.com, describing the relationship of the graduate certificate to the student's intellectual and professional goals.
- Email address for one individual familiar with your academic capabilities, who can provide a letter of recommendation to be requested through and submitted into the application.
Students currently admitted to another graduate program at TWU should:
- Submit a letter requesting admission and a statement of purpose (500-700 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org, describing the relationship of the certificate to their intellectual and professional goals.
How to Apply
Begin by reviewing your program's website to see if there are additional admission requirements and application deadlines prior to applying.
- Apply online.
Apply to Graduate Programs via the TWU Online Graduate Application Portal following instructions below.
- Submit transcripts to TWU.
- Domestic Applicants must submit official transcripts for each college or university attended, both undergraduate and graduate. See the Information on Transcripts website for more details.
- International Applicants are now required to provide an evaluation prepared by a NACES or AICE member evaluation service. International transcripts should not be sent directly to TWU. See the International Admissions website for more details.
- Submit Recommendation Requests
If your program requires you to submit names for recommendations you will need to do it in the application.
- Pay the application fee.
The $50 fee ($75 fee for International applicants), which applies to all new and returning applicants, can be paid by:
- Credit card - Pay Online through the application as the last step before submitting the application. The second portion of the application will not be available until the application fee has been received.
- Certified check or money order by mail or electronically - Payable to TWU, sent by mail to:
TWU Admissions Processing, 304 Administration Drive, Suite 102, Denton, Texas 76204
(include your full name and ID number).
- Cash (no personal checks) - Pay at the Bursar's Office. After paying, bring the receipt to Admissions Processing (down the hall in ACT).
- Fee Waivers - Graduate applicants who are certified McNair Scholars are eligible for a McNair Scholar Application Fee Waiver. TWU Alumni may be eligible for the Alumni Advantage Fee Waiver. Check your eligibility here: https://twu.edu/alumni-advantage/. If eligible submit the request using the Application Fee Waiver Submission
- Following fee payment return to the application dashboard where supplemental application documents can be uploaded. The online application will list which documents are needed to fulfill the program admission requirements. You can also check the program's website.
For more information or assistance with the application or graduate admissions, visit the Graduate Admissions website.
Students who wish to apply for a Graduate Assistantship must meet the General Criteria for Appointment of Graduate Assistants.
Completion of our certificate requires a minimum of 18 hours of coursework at the 5000 level that’s selected in consultation with our graduate certificate advisor. Students must also maintain a 2.7 GPA or better.
For full course listings and requirements, please view our Graduate Catalog and Upcoming Course Descriptions. For more information about our Graduate Certificate Program, please contact Agatha Beins, PhD, at email@example.com or 940-898-2119.
Page last updated 8:46 AM, February 14, 2024