Graduate Certificate in Multicultural Women’s and Gender Studies
Our post-baccalaureate graduate certificate in Multicultural Women’s and Gender Studies offers a unique opportunity for TWU graduate students and individuals and professionals in our community to acquire expertise in transdisciplinary women’s and gender studies scholarship.
Students and individuals interested in our graduate certificate program will gain:
- An enhanced ability to engage critically and holistically with multicultural feminist and womanist theories concerning social inequalities, gender constructs and the diversity of women’s lives
- Advanced research skills in the field of women’s and gender studies and effective academic writing skills
- Preparation for responsible leadership within the community, academics, social services or the professional career of your choice
Admission to the P.B. Certificate in Multicultural Women's and Gender Studies
Dr. Danielle Phillips-Cunningham
No deadline - Rolling
How to Apply
Students entering TWU only for the Graduate Certificate in Multicultural Women’s and Gender Studies should:
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Submit a statement of purpose (500-700 words) to email@example.com, describing the relationship of the Graduate Certificate to the student's intellectual and professional goals.
Students already admitted to another graduate program at TWU should:
- Submit a letter requesting admission and a statement of purpose (500-700 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org, describing the relationship of the Certificate to their intellectual and professional goals.
Completion of our certificate requires a minimum of 18 hours of coursework at the 5000 level that’s selected in consultation with our graduate certificate advisor. Students must also maintain a 2.7 GPA or better.
For full course listings and requirements, please view our Graduate Catalog and Upcoming Course Descriptions. For more information about our Graduate Certificate Program, please contact Dr. Danielle Phillips-Cunningham, Ph.D., at email@example.com or 940-898-2119.
U.S. Department of Gainful Employment Disclosure
For information about our U.S. Department of Gainful Employment Disclosure in women’s studies, visit TWU’s Registrar page.
Page last updated 12:16 PM, April 1, 2022