Faculty and Staff Awards
The College of Arts and Sciences wishes to recognize the outstanding contributions of its faculty and staff in teaching, scholarship and service.
Each spring faculty and staff may nominate CAS colleagues for the awards listed below. A faculty award selection committee, appointed by the Dean and consisting of one faculty member from each school and department within the College, reviews nominations and makes recommendations to the Dean. Awards are presented at the CAS Fall Forum the week prior to fall semester classes.
Distinction in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
For exceptional contributions to promoting the ideals of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the College of Arts and Sciences or at Texas Woman’s University more broadly. All full-time faculty who complete two years of employment at TWU by September 1, 2022, are eligible.
Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion may be demonstrated through one or more of the following:
- Multicultural curricular initiatives
- Inclusive teaching or mentoring activities
- Scholarship that contributes to or expands understanding of diversity, equity, or inclusion
- Efforts to support recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff and/or students
- Multicultural extracurricular or co-curricular programming
- Outreach activities related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Other service activities that enhance educational access and opportunity
Excellence in Teaching
There are two awards for teaching excellence:
Full-time faculty: for tenured, tenure-track, clinical or lecturer faculty members who have complete two years of employment at TWU.
Adjunct faculty: for adjunct faculty members who have complete two semesters of employment at TWU.
Nominations should explain how the faculty member excels through teaching:
- Implementing innovative teaching methods or assignments
- Incorporating experiential learning into courses
- Creating a classroom culture of belonging
- Promoting justice, equity, diversity and inclusion through teaching
- Designing a new course or updating the curriculum in innovative ways
Excellence in Scholarship
For distinction in scholarship. Full-time faculty members who have completed two years of employment at TWU are eligible.
The faculty member may exhibit scholarship excellence through one or more of the following:
- International or national recognitions for scholarship
- External grants
- Juried exhibits or concerts
- Professional presentations
- Other creative activities
Excellence in Service
For extraordinary service and/or leadership within the College, the University, the civic community and/or a professional organization. Full-time faculty members who have completed at least two years of employment at TWU are eligible.
CAS Distinguished Staff Service Award
Presented to a staff member who exhibits dedicated and extraordinary service to their academic unit, the College, and/or the University. Full-time staff members who have completed two years of employment at TWU are eligible.
Page last updated 9:56 AM, July 21, 2022