Letters of Recommendation
Obtaining a committee packet for the Letters section of your application
For current applicants: Entry Year 2023
A TWU letter packet consists of the following:
- A cover letter from TWU Pre-Health Advising stating your name, major, degree(s) earned and whether you graduated with honors (if you have already graduated), and graduation date or expected graduation date. The cover letter also provides information about Texas Woman’s University and our university mission to provide admissions committees with context on your educational background
- TWU Pre-Health evaluation forms submitted by your recommenders
- Letters of recommendation from your recommenders, on letterhead and with a signature
How do I request a letter packet?
To request a letter packet from TWU Pre-Health Advising for your EY2023 application(s), complete the following steps:
Submit the Letter of Recommendation Packet Request Form. We will email you to confirm that we have received your request. At that time, we will ask you to provide the following:
- A complete list of schools where you will be applying
- Unofficial TWU transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- A brief autobiographical sketch that includes information about your background, your activities, significant people and events which have influenced your interest in a health career, unique life experiences, and your motivational characteristics
Once you receive our confirmation, you can select the "letter packet" or "committee packet" option in the Letters of Recommendation section of your application(s) and enter email@example.com as the email address to receive the request.
We will send you the TWU Pre-Health Evaluation Form. Fill out the student information at the top of the form, and sign EITHER that you waive your right to see the evaluation OR that you do not waive your right to see the evaluation. *ONLY SIGN ONE LINE.* Save a copy of the form with this information completed.
Provide each of your recommenders with a copy of your personalized evaluation form, the AAMC Guidelines for Letter Writers, and the date by which you need your recommendation submitted. Remember that your application is not complete without letters of recommendation!
Ask your recommenders to email BOTH the completed evaluation form AND a signed letter of recommendation on letterhead to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, on-campus evaluators may send their evaluation form and letter of recommendation to Mehgann Mallory in the Division of Biology through intercampus mail. Off-campus evaluators may mail the evaluation form and letter of recommendation to the P.O. Box listed on the form.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF LETTER PACKET REQUESTS AND ALL EVALUATION FORMS AND LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION IS JULY 1.
In order for you to be able to use the TWU letter packet service, we must receive your letter packet request AND all evaluation forms and letters of recommendation by July 1. After July 1 we will no longer provide letter packets, and you will need to request individual letters of recommendation through the application service(s) you are using.
If you are a reapplicant, you need to request a new packet from TWU Pre-Health Advising, and you need to request updated evaluations and letters of recommendation from your recommenders.
Your packet can be uploaded to multiple application services. For example, if you are applying to UT Southwestern and Yale University School of Medicine, you will use TMDSAS and AMCAS, and the same packet may be used for both.
We will upload packets in the order in which we receive requests and completed evaluations. During the busiest part of the application cycle, it may take us several days to get your packet uploaded. Please plan ahead to make sure your application is submitted according to your preferred timeline!
REMEMBER THAT YOU SHOULD SUBMIT YOUR PRIMARY APPLICATION BY THE BEGINNING OF JULY TO BE A COMPETITIVE APPLICANT!
Page last updated 9:18 AM, April 12, 2022