TExES PREP Center
The TExES PREP (Preparation and Review for Educator Proficiencies) Center is a service of the College of Professional Education (COPE) to TWU educator candidates for successfully passing the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES).
- The Blagg Huey Library has books, preparation manuals, and other materials on preparing for the TExES exams. Most of these are available for checkout to current TWU students.
- The PREP Center Canvas Site has online resources, including study materials, practice exams, and videos. It also is a vehicle for sharing new and updated information on TExES exams. This is only available to current TWU students.
Log into Canvas
- Practice TExES exams are provided via 240 Tutoring or through the TExES PREP Center. TExES PREP Center practice exams are regularly scheduled online and are full-length versions of the state exams. Practice exams allow students to assess their readiness to take the actual TExES exams. These are only available to current TWU students seeking educator certification.
- The TWU EPP monitors candidate progress and determines readiness to test via instructional benchmarks, course assessments, and certification practice exams. Once the candidate demonstrates test readiness, the TWU EPP will grant test approval for the appropriate state exam(s) required for certification, per the candidate’s degree plan or plan of study.
- The TWU Educator Preparation Program has a limited number of test vouchers to cover the fee for the first attempt of one TExES exam in a critical shortage area. Eligible initial teacher certification candidates need to submit this form to confirm eligibility. Confirmation of eligibility and issuance of the voucher (if applicable) will be emailed to the candidate after this form is submitted.
- Access the TExES PREP Center study resources list for more information.
If you have questions or need more information about the TExES PREP Center, please contact us at email@example.com.
Page last updated 3:48 PM, November 15, 2023