Master of Library Science Degree (MLS)
The Master of Library Science degree program at Texas Woman’s University is accredited by the American Library Association Committee on Accreditation, with the status of Continued accreditation. The next comprehensive review visit is scheduled for 2025. Public Disclosure on Master's Student Learning Assessment
The Master of Library Science (MLS) degree is available entirely online and is designed to prepare professionals to work in different types of information environments, with the opportunity to specialize in a Program Track.
See the Courses section for additional information.
Admission to the M.L.S. or M.A. in Library Science Programs
Senior Academic Advisor and Retention Coordinator
Preferred Application Deadlines
Fall - June 1
Spring - November 1
Summer - April 1
- Completed bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting agency or an equivalent degree from a foreign college or university.
- Applicants with GPA below 3.0, who meet the Graduate School minimum requirement, may be considered for admission review on a case by case basis.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Submit the following materials via email to email@example.com, or by mail to TWU SLIS, P.O. Box 425769, Denton, TX 76204-5769. Only complete application packets will be considered. Applicants are responsible for keeping their contact information current.
- A SLIS Application Form (fillable PDF form; Chrome browser recommended)
- 2-page statement of intent (your professional goals and career interests)
- 1 professional reference letter sent via postal mail on official letterhead OR sent via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) directly from the reference.
Those applying to the Dual Degree program (M.L.S. and M.S. in Health Studies) must also apply to the Department of Health Studies. For Health Studies admissions questions, please contact Jason Torres at email@example.com or 940-898-2864.
For questions on the SLIS admissions process, please contact the SLIS office at 940-898-2602, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated 9:55 AM, March 1, 2023