Master of Library Science Degree (MLS)
The Master of Library Science degree program at Texas Woman’s University is accredited by the American Library Association Committee on Accreditation, with the status of Continued accreditation. The next comprehensive review visit is scheduled for 2024.
The Master of Library Science (MLS) degree is available entirely online and is designed to prepare professionals to work in different types of information environments, with the opportunity to specialize in a Program Track.
See the Courses section for additional information.
Admission to the TWU Graduate School
When you apply to the TWU Graduate School, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores if required. All students must meet the University requirements as outlined in the Admissions to the TWU Graduate School. In addition, most graduate programs have additional admission requirements that must be completed. These requirements can be found on each graduate program website. After acceptance, you will need to begin your program within one year, unless a deferral has been approved by the program.
Check out the links below for specific admissions information:
*Admission to the Library & Information Studies Graduate Programs
Mary Honard, Admissions Coordinator
Fall - June 1
Spring - November 1
Summer - April 1
- No standard test score is required if your undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or above, or if you have a previous graduate degree.
- If your cumulative undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, you are required to submit an official standardized test score as part of the application to the Graduate School.
- Applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree at a foreign institution or whose U.S. undergraduate transcript does not provide a cumulative GPA are required to submit standardized test scores. Official test scores are accepted from the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Submit the following materials via email to email@example.com, or by mail to TWU SLIS, P.O. Box 425769, Denton, TX 76204-5769. Only complete application packets will be considered. Applicants are responsible for keeping their contact information current.
Those applying to the Dual Degree program (M.L.S. and M.S. in Health Studies) must also apply to the Department of Health Studies. For Health Studies admissions questions, please contact Jason Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-898-2864.
The Master of Library Science with School Librarian Certification prepares students to become certified school librarians in the state of Texas in accordance with requirements of the Texas Education Agency. Apply to the TWU Educator Preparation Program. For Texas School Librarian Certification information, contact the Office of Educator Preparation Services at 940-898-2829 or email Linda Kobler at email@example.com. The school is unable to provide credentialing or endorsement for school librarians in any other state.
For questions on the SLIS admissions process, please contact the SLIS office at 940-898-2602, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated 3:55 PM, July 18, 2019