Master of Library Science Degree (MLS)
The Master of Library Science degree program at Texas Woman’s University is accredited by the American Library Association Committee on Accreditation, with the status of Continued accreditation. The next comprehensive review visit is scheduled for 2025. Public Disclosure on Master's Student Learning Assessment
The Master of Library Science (MLS) degree is available entirely online and is designed to prepare professionals to work in different types of information environments, with the opportunity to specialize in a Program Track.
See the Courses section for additional information.
Admission to the M.L.S. or M.A. in Library Science Programs
Preferred Application Deadlines
Fall - June 1
Spring - November 1
Summer - April 1
- No standard test score is required if your undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or above, or if you have a previous graduate degree.
- If your cumulative undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, you are required to submit an official standardized test score as part of the application to the Graduate School.
- Applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree at a foreign institution or whose U.S. undergraduate transcript does not provide a cumulative GPA are required to submit standardized test scores. Official test scores are accepted from the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Submit the following materials via email to email@example.com, or by mail to TWU SLIS, P.O. Box 425769, Denton, TX 76204-5769. Only complete application packets will be considered. Applicants are responsible for keeping their contact information current.
Those applying to the Dual Degree program (M.L.S. and M.S. in Health Studies) must also apply to the Department of Health Studies. For Health Studies admissions questions, please contact Jason Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-898-2864.
For questions on the SLIS admissions process, please contact the SLIS office at 940-898-2602, or email@example.com.
Page last updated 4:32 PM, August 10, 2021