School of Library & Information Studies
Why choose TWU for Library and Information Studies
Earning an advanced degree or certification in library and information studies opens a world of library to you. Best of all, you can earn this degree completely online at Texas Woman’s University.
For more than 80 years, TWU’s library studies program has been graduating students who achieve great things. As the most established program in southwest, we have maintained continuous accreditation from the American Library Association since 1938. In fact, our accreditation has been renewed through 2024!
Affordable and Flexible
- Our program has the most affordable tuition rate among LIS programs in the Southwest.
- Small class sizes - with no more than 25 students per class - provides quality learning and interaction with your professors.
- All SLIS programs are offered online, giving you schedule flexibility.
Award Winning Faculty
Our accomplished faculty hold prestigious appointments to national organizations and have received grants in partnership with the Dallas Public Library and the Texas Library Association.
- Professor and Department Director Ling Hwey Jeng, PhD, is president of the Texas Library Association (TLA).
- Professor Sylvia Vardell, PhD, serves on the 2018 Caldecott Award Committee
Many of our students and graduates have been named ALA Spectrum Scholars, Emerging Leaders and won teacher of the year awards.
“The experience in the program has confirmed my opinion about the value of librarians and has solidified my choice in becoming a school librarian.— Dana Cruz, 2014 MLS Grad
SLIS student tells why she chose TWU
Page last updated 8:34 AM, October 3, 2017