School of Library & Information Studies
Why choose TWU for Library and Information Studies?
Earning an advanced degree or certification in library and information studies opens a world of discovery to you. Best of all, you can earn this degree completely online at Texas Woman’s University.
For more than 80 years, TWU’s library studies program has been graduating students who achieve great things. As the most established program in the Southwest, we have maintained continuous accreditation from the American Library Association since 1938. In fact, our accreditation has been renewed through 2025!
Virtual Open House
Learn about our online master’s degrees and certificate programs in a Virtual Open House on Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2023. For more on our specific master’s degree with school librarian certification, join on Wednesday, March 20, 2024.
Affordable and Flexible
- Our program has the most affordable tuition rate among LIS programs in the Southwest.
- Small class sizes – with no more than 25 students per class – provides quality learning and interaction with your professors.
- All SLIS programs are offered online, giving you schedule flexibility.
Our accomplished faculty hold prestigious appointments to national organizations and have received grants in partnership with the Dallas Public Library and the Texas Library Association.
- Professor and Department Director Gretchen Hoffman, PhD, received the "Most Promising New Textbook" award (college-level) from the Textbook and Academic Authors Association for her first textbook publication, Organizing Library Collections: Theory and Practice.
- Professor Ling Hwey Jeng, PhD, is past president of the Texas Library Association (TLA).
Many of our students and graduates have been named ALA Spectrum Scholars, Emerging Leaders and won teacher of the year awards.
We offer degree and graduate certificate programs in library science, including programs with a focus on school librarianship. All SLIS programs are offered through highly interactive online courses.
Featured News More news & events
Events See All Events
Page last updated 3:51 PM, September 22, 2023