Outreach and Consultation
CAPS provides presentations and workshops for faculty, residence hall groups, campus organizations and the campus community on a wide variety of topics. We work collaboratively with our campus partners to design programs to best fit their needs as our resources permit. We are happy to arrange programs that may be of interest to your organization or class. We are also available to be part of panel discussions.
How to make a request
- Please request a presentation at a minimum of three weeks in advance of the anticipated presentation date.
- To arrange for a presentation in Denton, please complete our Outreach Request Form and our Outreach Coordinator will be in touch with you.
- To arrange for a presentation in Dallas or Houston, please call CAPS at that location.
The following is a brief sample of presentation topics that are available, and we welcome other topic requests as well. We look forward to being able to respond to your needs.
- Anger Management
- Stress, Anxiety, and/or Depression Management
- Basic University Survival Skills
- Body Image Issues
- Cultural Diversity on College Campuses
- Juggling Multiple Roles
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues
- Love Stinks - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Dealing with Sexual Assault
- Coping with Performance Anxiety
CAPS staff is also available to consult with faculty, students, staff, family, friends, or others regarding concerns about TWU students. We can suggest options for addressing problematic situations, help identify next steps, and provide information about resources. We are also available for group debriefing after impactful or traumatic events. To schedule a consultation, simply call CAPS at your campus to request assistance.
Page last updated 2:07 PM, August 8, 2018